Droid x 2.3

brmk226

Reaction score
I downloaded cyanogem I think it is rom fot 2.3 onDroid x and everythings been crapping out. I know im not supposed to do that but to late. And If you give an answer keep it in simple terms please not that amazingly smart with phones yet lol

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I'm 99% sure you can't install CM on a Droid X. Scratch that, 100%. CM needs a custom kernal. The Droid X can't have custom kernals. Yet. Probably time to find an SBF file...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1. Did you make a backup first?

I'm 99% sure you can't install CM on a Droid X. Scratch that, 100%. CM needs a custom kernal. The Droid X can't have custom kernals. Yet. Probably time to find an SBF file...

DroidForums Junkie!!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. CM isn't for the Droid X. If you aren't quite sure about what to flash you should probably do a little more research. So did you make a backup? Cause if not you are probably going to need an sbf file.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
I backed it up using rom manager but id rather not erase everything it makes me nervous is there anyother way to do it?

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
and if I wipe my phone how will I be able to access the backup?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The backup is on your SD card. After you wipe data, everything is restored with the backup. Never done it with ROM Manager myself because I don't trust it so, someone else will need to walk you through that.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
Ughh well is there anything else I could do can't I kinda manually erase things that are screwing up my phone

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Your whole problem is that you flashed incorrect programming to your phone so its jacked! That has to be erased now to get back where you were. If the backup can't be accessed (can't boot into Clockworkmod Recovery), you will need to sbf back to stock.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
B

brmk226

Reaction score
That would really suck but do you or does anyone know how to install a backup because I did back it up but it was through rom manager

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
You will have to boot into recovery, pulling the battery and starting up should get you in there. After that you will need to go to backup and restore, restore, and select the backup in there. You will need to use the volume buttons to navigate, and the camera button to select while in recovery.

You always want to make sure you know how to do these things before the need arises.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ROM Manager is a paid app so its linked to your Gmail. Even after you sbf, it will come back after you log in. You should then be able to restore your backup.
Research and asking questions vs guessing will keep you from being in this situation again. We're here to help. Lessons learned :)
I'd also recommend you 86 ROM Manager all together and just use the DX Bootstrapper to make backups and reboot into recovery.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hopefully this works! You're in good hands with hemorrdroid though! :)

You will have to boot into recovery, pulling the battery and starting up should get you in there. After that you will need to go to backup and restore, restore, and select the backup in there. You will need to use the volume buttons to navigate, and the camera button to select while in recovery.

You always want to make sure you know how to do these things before the need arises.

DroidForums Junkie!!