Droid x 2.3.3 z4 root wireless teather

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or, until you hit 5GB, then we throttle you.

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

Blacksantron

Reaction score
What exactly am I paying for? I'm so angry right now.

Droidforums class-action suit..

Morgan and morgan. For the people.

Sent From My Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated Droid X

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's not have this thread turn into another data argument. I use about 20 gb a month. My phone is my only connection. I don't have a pc or wireless and i watch netflix and stream music. I'm not worried about it. Don't let anyone scare you. You're not doing anything wrong ok. I have not heard of one case of VZW shutting someone down or whatever. Use your data. Tethering is another matter which I do not care to get into. Good luck with that.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Let's not have this thread turn into another data argument. I use about 20 gb a month. My phone is my only connection. I don't have a pc or wireless and i watch netflix and stream music. I'm not worried about it. Don't let anyone scare you. You're not doing anything wrong ok. I have not heard of one case of VZW shutting someone down or whatever. Use your data. Tethering is another matter which I do not care to get into. Good luck with that.

Thanks. I've read enough of these threads. Still. Tethering is data. Seems there are right wing and left wing tendancies that apply even to data transfer.

I PAY FOR UNLIMITED. DATA PACKETS CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BE DOUBLE CHARGED

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agree wholeheartedly, but our contract says different. Morally, it's crazy and wrong for VZW to double dip. Legally though, we signed saying we would not do it. No moral argument, no matter how lofty or correct (imo) can change that.

rinzes

Reaction score
When I purchased my Droid X @ a Verizon Corporate Store I never signed any contract.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you did. Remember when you signed the little screen? They didn't have you read the contract but you signed it. That and they reason that since you use their product, you automatically agree to their terms of service.

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're not denying that you signed a contract are you?

FernBch

Reaction score

Thanks. I've read enough of these threads. Still. Tethering is data. Seems there are right wing and left wing tendancies that apply even to data transfer.

I PAY FOR UNLIMITED. DATA PACKETS CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BE DOUBLE CHARGED

I feel everyone's pain. This was the description I recieved from Big Red. Unlimited data applies to data used on the device that is associated with your service agreement. Period.

When you tether another device to it, such as a laptop, you are then passing data through your covered device and using it on a device not covered by your user agreement. That's how they are getting away with this. Because we agreed to a TOU saying that this qualifies for an additional charge makes it legal until a court of law says otherwise.

Yes, data is data until the cows come home. What it's used on is another issue.

In response to an earlier post, yes the update was being "pushed" to users. My device gave me an alert on June 1st. When I checked to see what it was I had a message saying 596 had been downloaoded and there was a timer counting down to install it (which I cancelled). I did not ask for it, but at least I was able to stop it. The way it showed up made me suspicious. After reading about bugs for a couple weeks I'm glad I stopped it.

I don't tether, so I don't care. If I want pc style internet access I'll get on my pc which has a high speed cable connection.

droidx2010

Reaction score
I just rooted the dx when i had android to see if I can get wireless tether. I was able to get wireless but it was slow & not worth it, especially for gaming.

draco86

Reaction score
I installed some sort of patch someone recommended to me to be able to tether without warning from verizon.
anyone have that patch...
Or have the removal patch?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Darkside86

Reaction score
To tether on gingerbread, you have to flash the patch from tbh, then find the prewirelesstether.apk, I've done this and it works perfectly

Sent from my incredible 2 fingers.

jdc606

Reaction score
Is using the Droid Bluetooth feature different from tethering? When in remote areas, I Bluetooth the DX to a laptop for internet access. While I was rooted with Froyo and am rooted with GB 2.3.3 ... I don't think rooting is even necessary to use the DX as a modem and only keep the root for overclocking and other control preferences.