Droid X 2.2 Contact Groups on desktop?

jazzyboy

Reaction score
I am a new Droid X user. I created a few contact groups (family, friends, etc.) on my Droid quite easily using instructions found in this forum. It would be nice if the groups sync'd with my gmail account, but it is easy enough to manage them on the Droid. What I do want is to put a shortcut icon for each of those groups on my homepage (droid desktop). I'd like the icon to be a "contacts" icon with a name under each like "family. But I'll settle for any icon, just so I can get to the contact group in one click. Any help??

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. I'm not sure this will accomplish the group sync but it may

Managing Contacts - Gmail Help

I thought that I had read a previous thread regarding this issue and the solution was to add each group sync then add the next sync etc. I'm not positive though.

Mike

OP
J

jazzyboy

Reaction score
As I said, I'm not very bothered by not syncing to Google. I just want a single click shortcut to the groups. Right now, I have to tap on contacts, then tap on menu, then tap on "Display group", then tap on "Friends", or "Family", etc. However, once having done this, say for "Friends", then tap on the "u-turn" to get back to the home page, the next time I tap on contacts, Friends comes right up. But of course, if I want to change groups, I have to go through that four step process again. I just want a shortcut on the desktop for each separate group. I can't believe it's a difficult chore, but I can't seem to find it.