Droid X 2.2.1 update causing massive freezing.

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
Today I noticed that my droid was downloading the new 2.2.1 update w/o my consent, I was still running 2.1 due to all the teathing issues with 2.2. My phone is stock, non rooted, basically as is from when I took it from the box.

I figured it wouldn't be all that bad, I let my phone reset. From the start, massive 30 sec delay on all my finger movements. Nothing is working at all. Any one else having these issues?

Is there a way to revert back to 2.1 or even a working version of 2.2?
Because this 2.2.1 bs is not working at all, I'm about to chuck my droid at the wall.

techarlj

Reaction score
i guess my suggestions are pretty simple. if you like blur and want to stay stock, i would back up all of your stuff, reboot into recovery (power off, then power back on while holding the home button until you see the exclamation point, then hit the search button) then wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.

If you are interested in trying out roms, now is a great time to start. Get your root on with z4root here, get the droid x bootstrapper here and get going.

Big Fate

Reaction score
i guess my suggestions are pretty simple. if you like blur and want to stay stock, i would back up all of your stuff, reboot into recovery (power off, then power back on while holding the home button until you see the exclamation point, then hit the search button) then wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.

If you are interested in trying out roms, now is a great time to start. Get your root on with z4root here, get the droid x bootstrapper here and get going.

I am interested but I'm still awaiting on the update before I do any rooting

OP
A

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
Last time I tried reverting back to 2.1, it was when 2.2 first came out OTA, and it messed my droid up bc they changed somthing in the bootloader, will this happen again if i revert to 2.1 from 2.2.1?

OP
A

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
And as i figured... 2.2.1 update killed my PdaNet, I paid for the app too. I need Pdanet to play xbox live. My home internet can not handle online gaming. Any fixes for USB teathering for 2.2.1?

techarlj

Reaction score
I am interested but I'm still awaiting on the update before I do any rooting[/QUOTE]

what update is it that you are referring to?

Big Fate

Reaction score
And as i figured... 2.2.1 update killed my PdaNet, I paid for the app too. I need Pdanet to play xbox live. My home internet can not handle online gaming. Any fixes for USB teathering for 2.2.1?

Why would it kill it? Pdanet doesent require no rooting or anything??
That sucks, did you pay 23 or 15?