Droid X 2.2.1 os upgrade killed my e-mail?

milkshake

Reaction score
Good afternoon.

When I unlocked my phone this morning, I discovered that there was a new upgrade available. I selected to allow it to download, and upon completion and reboot, my e-mail no longer works. I keep getting "Incorrect User name or Password." errors.

I went into the settings for the email account and deleted and retyped the user name and password, and verified via webmail that the e-mail server is not down. Now all of the e-mail I had in my inbox, trash, and sent items is gone, and I still have the errors!!!!

I currently show System version 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US and Android version 2.2.1

I have been unable to find ANYTHING in several hours of searching today to help me out with this.

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A little more information please. Is this a gmail account you're logging into? If so your mail is definitely not loss. It's on gmails server.

OP
M

milkshake

Reaction score
it is a pop account that I access through gmail for domains. It is NOT a gmail account. I can still see the e-mails on the web server, I know they are not gone there, but EVERYTHING from this account is gone on my phone.

phonestar

Reaction score
Same Problem

Exact same problem for me. Got the upgrade to 2.2.1 message for my Droid Pro this AM and I said YES, it upgraded and I haven't receivd an email since (MS Exchange email account). I re-entered login info and then erased the entire account and retried it, but still no success. Haven't gotten enough patience to try Verizon customer service yet, will wait until tomrorow. Any suggestions?