Droid won't turn on (fresh post)

LordBalthazar

Reaction score
It's 5am, and I just woke up. I picked up my phone to check something and it was hot, now it won't come on. I took the battery out for a few mins and put it back in, nothing. I plugged it in, the "charging" light comes on, but it still won't come on. So I let it sit for a few mins to let it build up a charge, but it still won't come on. So I grabbed my other droid (which I had to replace due to water damage, but the battery was fine) and tried that battery... same thing.... what the heck happened? I haven't rooted it or anything, I wasn't even using it when it happened. What sucks even more about this is, I had to buy this phone off of ebay (from a very good seller) to replace my original one since I didn't have insurance. I've only had this phone about 2 months. This really sucks because I use my phone for EVERYTHING. Any suggestions on what I can do?

SPOOOOOKY: About 5mins after I made the above post, I was frantically looking around the net for something I could do (I was even in the process of writing to the seller on ebay to see if I could get an exchange) when suddenly, my phone came on all by itself!. It wasn't the normal boot up, I didn't see the Motorola "M" I just saw the red droid "eye", then the "unlock" screen and it said "Charging (5%)" So I'm assuming that when it got hot it totally drained my battery and I had to let it charge up to 5% before it would come back on. But either way, I am soooo happy it came back. Anyone know why it would have shut off in the first place?

Last edited:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Funny I was going to suggest that you plug the droid up to the wall outlet and let it sit for about 2-3 hours and see if it would come on. Glad its working, I would suggest you let it charge for a good 2-3 hours before you do anything more with it. The droids really hate running out of battery. I do not know what your routine is but I can tell you that I have a wall charger on my night stand and my droid gets plugged up every night before I got to bed. This way i have a fresh droid the next morning. Just a suggestion.

OP
L

LordBalthazar

Reaction score
Ya, I charge it with my laptop at night, I just hadn't plugged it in, cause it had a full battery when I went to bed. Something happened to make it run hot and drain the battery... not sure what though.