Droid wont take SBF and stays on Black boot screen

trick76cj5

Reaction score
First post on here, i've been reading and following . . . didn't think i'd done anything too crazy . . . but i'm in over my head. I have picked up on some of the lingo, but i'm not super up on it, so could everyone who replies do me a huge favor of not using the short terms for stuff ;-)

Anyway, heres my issue. I was rooted and overclocked with Droidx overclock. The newer 2.3.340 version came out and my phone tried to install it . . . i had issues with the build.prop so I sbf'ed it back to the stock load and loaded the new version through the boot loader in Droidx overclock. Seemed to work ok, but the "updating" icon continually showed in the task bar. After doing some searching, i couldn't find a solution, so i figured i would just reinstall the version and leave it unrooted for a while and see if that maybe fixed it.

So, this morning, i reinstalled the old version that came on my phone . . . i think this may be where i messed up. I'm using RDS lite by the way. So i do the install, it reboots the phone and says "pass" but the phone is stuck on the boot page. So, i figure "no big deal, i will search out the new version" so i find it and attempt to load it into the phone. I get the same thing in RDS lite, it makes an image, installs it, then reboots the phone and reads "pass" but the phone stays on the black screen. The screen reads as follows:

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
Ok to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Like I said, the rom was alway stock, I was only using OTA files . . . I didn't think i'd done anything really too goofy with the phone . . . i was really only looking for better battery life out of the phone with my mods.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated . . . i am now w/o a form of communication lol.

Thanks,
Brad

OP
T

trick76cj5

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, and for everyone's patients . . . i searched, but didn't turn anything useful up. I'll let you know how it works.

Thank you so much, it worked like a charm and I once again have communication to the outside world!!! Thanks again!!!!

Last edited: