droid won't root or update ota or zip

chillinnhutch

Reaction score
ok all i know someone out there has the answer. have a dionic that was forever rooted. i been trying to get the 901 update. i have went back to stock and never got the update to work. it always failed. so i tried different roms and i can't it to take root or update now.

OP
chillinnhutch

chillinnhutch

Reaction score
Yes i did but it wont detect my phine when its attached to usb and in fast boot

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Do you have the latest moto drivers on your computer? USB debugging checked?

OP
chillinnhutch

chillinnhutch

Reaction score
yes i have updated motorola drivers. it still will not recognize it on rsd lite. i have tried everthing but it will not root. i don't know if there is a way to start 100% fresh with different software or not. im open to just about anything. having no root is driving me completely crazy

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Well rsd is starting 100% fresh. But you need to get the computer to recognize your phone first. Are you using a motorola USB cord? Try rebooting the computer?

OP
chillinnhutch

chillinnhutch

Reaction score
the laptop isnt that old. i have rooted my phone from this laptop before. my computer does recognize my phone just rsd don't. i have installed all the new moto drivers and everthing.

eye_dea

Reaction score
What happens when u try to start flashing with rsdlite? Not everyones device says connected, but it still works for them.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
chillinnhutch said:
the laptop isnt that old. i have rooted my phone from this laptop before. my computer does recognize my phone just rsd don't. i have installed all the new moto drivers and everthing.

Man. You've got me. If you plug the phone up to the computer like your going to transfer files or something does it show the stuff on your sdcard? Just trying to see if its rsd issue or phone/computer issue...

OP
chillinnhutch

chillinnhutch

Reaction score
anyone got the file i need to run on rsd. now the one i have is corrupted