Droid won't ring when called?

grozniy_99

Reaction score
My phone stopped ringing. I completely forgot that I turned on smart profile option on. If your phone is in your pocket or on the belt clip, it gets confused as to which position it should follow face up or down so then the ringing stops and it just continues to vibrate (assuming you have it set to vibrate).
Solution: with the smart profile still enabled, have your phone face up on a flat surface. Call it from another phone. When it starts vibrating (or notifying you there is a call) flip it upside down. Then flip it back up, and hang up. Call again and it should ring.

Flipping it upside down and back up resets the sensor.

jbl79705

Reaction score
droid charge with same silent problem

The only way that i have found to get the phone ringing again is to restart it.
what will the factory reset do to the phone? will i have to redownload all apps and all contacts? not worth the trouble if so... just saying...

ljsipe

Reaction score
I had the same problem. When callers tried to call me it went right to voice mail and did not ring on my phone. I called Verizon and they said my phone was erroneously set to automatically go to voice mail. They said to dial *73 and it immediately took care of the problem. Works like a charm now.

doogster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG g4
SOLUTION:

What worked for me was Settings-sound&notification-sound-Touchfeedback&system was turned off, It has to be on for the phone to ring.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
SOLUTION:

What worked for me was Settings-sound&notification-sound-Touchfeedback&system was turned off, It has to be on for the phone to ring.
Welcome to our forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. I must say this is a thread from 2010, so over six years later the OSs have changed dramatically. Many of the problems those earlier OSs had have long since been resolved with patches, followed by numerous version upgrades. This makes both the problems faced then and the solution offered by you now completely unrelated. In other words your solution is terribly outdated, not that it may not be right. However even the menu selections you reference are different on current phones. For instance I don't have a "touchfeedback" option in my sounds menu. Also the likelihood that anyone is still using phones from that era is slim.

Still, we appreciate your contribution and hope you'll sick around and continue to do the same.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlbusD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XY1254
My less than 1 year old Droid XT1254 had the same problem recently [April 2016]. My wife was ready to divorce me for not answering her phone calls. When I checked it by calling it from a landline, sure enough, no ringy-dingy. Volume all the way up. What fixed it was I ran the free CCleaner app which I use on all my Windows PCs. I just had it delete my browsing history, and other default junk, powered down the phone, powered back up and PROBLEM SOLVED.
Maybe this will work for others. For the app, go to the Play Store, search for CCleaner, install, then run.