Droid won't power on after battery drain - Use a wall charger

Underwhere

Reaction score
I forgot to charge my phone on overnight and I know the battery was low already.

I woke up this morning to find the phone dead (expected)

I brought my USB cable to work so that I could charge it off my laptop during the day. The phone refuses to turn on (the small white LED on the side of the phone tells me the USB was providing power)

Pulling the battery, even attempting a hard reset got me a black screen.

I went out to my car and tried using the car charger and the phone turned on instantly.

So FYI for those of you who can't get your phone to turn on...if you're using a PC to charge the phone try using a wall charger. Apparently it makes a difference. I left my phone in the car to charge the rest of the morning.

ashlea

Reaction score
This is not true!!! Although I can completely understand how you came to this conclusion.

I had the same exact issue. I forgot to plug in my phone before bed and the next morning it was dead. I figured I'd charge it at work with the USB cable but I ran into 2 problems.

First... LG cables do work for charging if the phone is already on... but if you try to power on the phone while your phone is plugged in with the LG cable, it will go to bootloader and there's nothing you can do about it.

So then I found another cable, and although the white light on the phone next to the usb port came on, I could not get it to power on at all. I found your post and thought I was SOL. However, I thought possibly that it just doesn't have enough charge to power up since I read someone in the manual or battery tips that if it gets drained, it may take up to 15 minutes of charging before it can be powered on. I decided to just leave it. I happened to get up from my desk about 20 minutes later, and when I came back another 20 minutes later, the phone was turned on and charging at 10%.

So... the wall and car chargers deliver much more power and therefore charge faster. If your phone is completely dead, the USB charger WILL work... it just takes about 45 minutes.

Last edited: