droid wont mount on a mac

lseaver92

Reaction score
I cannot get my droid to mount on my mac. any ideas on what to do?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Um…no.

From your Droid once you have plugged it into your USB use the pull down window. On the X I think you'll see something about mass storage. Turn that on or click ok. That should mount it for you.

jeebuss1

Reaction score
Mine mounts to my mac just fine. Usb mass storage. There are several screen prompts but it will mount.

OP
L

lseaver92

Reaction score
thanks guys, but i figured a way around it. Using double twist and a micro sd card reader i figured out a way to transfer my music that way. also, trying to do it via USB mass storage didnt work but the above ^ did.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, but i figured a way around it. Using double twist and a micro sd card reader i figured out a way to transfer my music that way. also, trying to do it via USB mass storage didnt work but the above ^ did.

That says use USB Mass Storage. Just said there were several prompts. :confused:

OP
L

lseaver92

Reaction score
i tried that, several times, then waited. It never showed up on my mac. I figured out a work around though, so its not a problem.

jeebuss1

Reaction score
Just make sure you select ok after you select usb mass storage. "No name" drive icon should pop up on your desktop.

FLguy

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. DroidX won't mount on mac. Mac is 10.5.8 and the Droid is plugged into a powered USB.... it charges fine (though slower than on the charger). Did the pull down and checked "mass storage" and "OK"... No joy. Checked "PC Mode" and it showed up on the Disk Utility but would not let me mount. Ideas????

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
did you try toggling from usb mass storage to charge only and back to usb mass storage?

worked on my new i7 mac book pro?