droid won't find ALL the apps in the Market, footprint

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dpd140, Jul 24, 2010.

1. dpd140

dpd140 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have two droids and set them side by side and search the market. One droid finds all the apps and the other won't find near as many. The best my research shows is that the "footprint" shows google I'm running froyo 8.4 on 2.2. So i can't seasrch and find PROTECTED apps in the market. Anyone have a fix or know how I can get around this?

2. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Take a peek at the 13th post in the first link in my signature. There is a market fix that makes the market think you are on a Android 2.1 phone vs Android 2.2

Your two phones must have some sort of difference so maybe you applied the fix to one of them.

Can you further define "protected" apps?

3. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I experienced the same problem like yours. It appears the issue has gone away after using frf84b from pete, which I did not apply the market-update, or it didn't have one.

Not all the app can be picked up automatically. I would say try different ROM will help identify the one you feel most comfortable with. I have problems with all the ROMs I've tried. But none would send me back to 2.1.

4. dpd140

dpd140 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did the fix missing apps section on your page. still didn't work. this is what I'm running.
    android 2.2 base version c_01.43.01p
    kernel 2.6.32.9-p3droid
    build number FRG01B
    mod/rom version unknown

Search tags for this page

android market wont work on motorola droid 1