1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid wont even power up!!! Stuck in Ft Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by krus_2, Jun 10, 2010.

1. krus_2

krus_2 New Member

I was in the process of switching from BB v .1 (froyo) back to the 2nd leaked froyo rom. I had gotten to the point where CW was all finished and was sitting on the CW home screen. I hit reboot now and then went back to watching tv until my droid restarted. When I checked back the screen was black. I tried hitting the power button (assuming the screen shut off) but nothing happen. Then I tried holding the power button to power it on. Lastly I did a battery pull but still it would not even power on. Please someone tell me you know what happened. I desperately need the GPS to get home...
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Was your battery fully charged? If not, put it in the charger for an hour and start over.

Hope this helps.
    Mike
  3. krus_2

krus_2 New Member

I know it wasnt charged fully and after further examination I am starting to believe that the battery is the issue. You said put it in the charger; are you referring to charging the battery in the phone or is there some kind of mystery charger that I dont know about, that just charges the battery?

I only ask because I have heard over and over again that android devices wont charge when the phone is off.
  4. mwhartman

Sorry for the confusion. I purchased a dock(charger) so that is how I recharge. If you use the USB and plug then that is the way to go.

Mike
  5. krus_2

krus_2 New Member

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Hopefully it works; otherwise I'll have to use the old fashioned way to get home and maps arent really my thing.
  6. mwhartman

I'm sure it will work. If not post and I'll try to help you

Mike