droid won't charge in car

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by stonesend, Sep 10, 2012.

1. stonesend

stonesend New Member

I am new to this site. Phone won't charge with any kind of charger in the car. Have folks at Verizon and Radio Shack stumped. They suggested a converter that allows me to put the "inset" into the cigarette lighter and then connect with usb cable. It works but why all of a sudden did the phone not like the car charger. I looked in the site but did not find a similar problem. Any ideas?
  2. rest0fmyl1fe

rest0fmyl1fe New Member

bad charger? never had any problems charging any of my droids in the car. Maybe the cigarette lighter outlet has bad connection
  3. stonesend

stonesend New Member

no, 2 stores had same result. Ended up having to buy a dual (ac/dc) charger that plugs into the lighter and using my usb cord to the phone. Still not happy, the dual charger makes my phone hot!
  4. Tanno

Tanno New Member

Lol. I've had the same issue with charging from the car. I left mine on the car charger while out riding motorcycles and 4 hours later my car would not start and the phone was only 30% charged with a very hot batt!!!

I just don't charge in the car anymore. The chargers at home work just fine and charge dead phone to 100% in roughly 2hrs and the batt is still room temp.

I resorted to finding ways to extend the phone's batt life. I'm running Tweaked 3.0 rom and V6 Supercharged script to get things straightened out. My Charge is lasting 18 hrs consistantly day after day with moderate use.

Btw.. I have the verizon ext. batt.
Search tags for this page
droid bionic wont charge in car
droid charge wont charge
droid won't charge in car
droid wont charge in car
droid x wont charge in car

my phone wont charge in the car

phone won't charge in car

phone wont charge in car

samsung phone wont charge in car
why wont my phone charge in the car