Droid won't boot?

Blur

Reaction score
So I have a rooted Droid, and I went to flash a ROM to it using ROM manager, but it won't boot up anymore. It is just stuck at the M. I have tried holding X while turning it on, taking out the battery and trying again, and all of that stuff, but it won't work. Does anybody know how to fix this? I really don't want to take it back to Verizon, but obviously will if I have to.
Thanks in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I have a rooted Droid, and I went to flash a ROM to it using ROM manager, but it won't boot up anymore. It is just stuck at the M. I have tried holding X while turning it on, taking out the battery and trying again, and all of that stuff, but it won't work. Does anybody know how to fix this? I really don't want to take it back to Verizon, but obviously will if I have to.
Thanks in advance.

Look at this thread for a list of fixes for problems with clockwork. Since you used Rom Manager I assume you used clockwork.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...shooting-guides-clockwork-recovery-guide.html

If you had SPRecovery a simple wipe of data and cache would fix this.

OP
B

Blur

Reaction score
Thanks in advance.

Look at this thread for a list of fixes for problems with clockwork. Since you used Rom Manager I assume you used clockwork.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...shooting-guides-clockwork-recovery-guide.html

If you had SPRecovery a simple wipe of data and cache would fix this.

I got it, thank you.
I couldn't even boot up the phone, but after it sat for a LONG time, it would boot up again. I have had a few problems with Clockwork in the past as well.
Thanks for the help.
(Sorry about the wrong section.)