1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid wont boot up!

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by LCH, Sep 11, 2010.

1. LCH

LCH New Member

Moto Droid running bugless beast v04. Dropped my beloved droid and cracked the screen. Called asurian and they sent me out another one. Unrooted the cracked one and sent it back. I am very busy with work right now so instead of rooting like I did last time I used easy root to root this one, loaded BB4 and it seem to work fine. All seemed fine for the first few days. Then thursday I pulled it out to look at the time and nothing, wouldnt wake up, reboot...nothing. Pulled the battery still nothing. Called asurian, droids are on back order, they offered me an aris in exchange, I said no. Backordered...7-10 days to three weeks. I finially got it to boot but it was getting hot and discharging the battery quickly. I find out that verizion in my area is having major issues, everyone dropping calls and bad connection all day thursday, thought that might be causing my problems. Late thur night all seems normal and has worked well since. Today same issue and right now I cant get it to boot. Also in the middle of all this I keep getting the ota update. If I allow it to try to load BB blocks it but then it wont reboot afterward. If it does all I get is this faint glow to the screen. I also use rom manager to swap roms and back up. Ive also made a nandroid back up. Any advice for me? LCH
  2. LCH

LCH New Member

Update... I finally got it to boot, took a long time for everything to load up. When it did I noticed the battery has dropped from 70 to 30. Ive got it charging now and for the last five minutes its working. Surly this OTA isnt causing this is it? What should I do to help insure my phone continues to work? LCH
  3. LCH

LCH New Member

Any ideas? Do you think its the phone or is it that I need to wipe and start over to clean things up? Got to be something causing it to cut off on its own and then not boot up. It was down for the better part of this afternoon. Anyone?
  4. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

I would first allow a good charge, Then I would reboot into recovery, install a rom (or rooted froyo) wipe data, cache, and reboot.
  5. LCH

LCH New Member

so reinstall BBv04 over top of BBv04 thats there now with data and cache wiped? When I easy rooted this one I got rom manager on it and installed a saved backup of BBv04 that I knew was working well for me on my first phone. I then used titanium backup to load my data like messaging and such. I have a profile app, password app, time sheet app, note taking app and messages I'd rather not loose. What would be the steps you would recommend I take?
  6. Mac Attack

Mac Attack New Member

Help! I think I bricked my Droid

I was having some serious latency issues with Ultimae Droid v7.0 so I decided to install the CM ROM. I did a Nandroid back up, and installed the CM ROM. The install completed successfully but when I rebooted my Droid it never gets past the Motorola icon. It has been sitting this way for 30 minutes.

I tried to restart in recovery mode but nothing happens. How can I get my phone back to working condition? HELP
  7. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Pull the battery wait of a minute then reinsert and try to boot into recovery.

Did you wipe the data and cache before installing CM? If no, then do so then install CM

Hope this helps

Mike
  8. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

agreed. you probably forgot to wipe which is causing the problems
Search tags for this page
driod cahrge wont boot up
droid charge wont boot up

droid x wont boot up

droid3 wont boot up
how to fix droid razr 4.1.2 wont boot up
matrix 2 motorola not booting up fully