Droid won't boot to the "M" help please!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
for one last try, I attempted to get into the bootloader, and by the grace of god it worked! using the D-pad up+ PWR.
so now sbfing.
thanks for responding to my thread!
and thanks for the idea to SBF i wouldn't have come up with that on my own.

ANNNND we have success! Now loaded into 2.1!! ;) thanks for your help.
the community wins again!

That's what I love to hear brother! I can't say I knew for sure but had to be a way! Good for you brother! I'm happy as you are..never want to see a fellow rom addict without his machine! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
for one last try, I attempted to get into the bootloader, and by the grace of god it worked! using the D-pad up+ PWR.
so now sbfing.
thanks for responding to my thread!
and thanks for the idea to SBF i wouldn't have come up with that on my own.

ANNNND we have success! Now loaded into 2.1!! ;) thanks for your help.
the community wins again!

You may want to turn the community on to everything you did so another person in that spot can be helped as well! We love to learn! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

Spencisaur

Reaction score
I tried every button combo I could think of while not connected to the computer with no luck. (pwr. pwr +x. vol.up+pwr. pwr+menu. pwr+dpad up) and nothing got me anywhere.
however, upon trying the key combos while plugged in(I think this is what ultimately allowed me to get to the bootloader) I was able to get to the bootloader and go back to stock. I used pwr+dpad up to get to the bootloader while having the USB plugged in to my comp.

from there I followed this link here downloaded RSDlite 4.9 (google it) because the link was dead. got the SBF files and drivers from that link and followed the instructions from there to get my phone back to 2.0.1.

Now I'm back on Gingerbread 2.3.4 with root!

Hope anyone else with this problem can be helped out!

dancedroid

xm0067

Reaction score
Important though! If you want to get to LGB you can't flast 2.01! You have to flash 2.02+ (which is what you can get from the sticky thread)
Glad it all worked out. I've never seen a true brick yet.

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

OP
S

Spencisaur

Reaction score
Oh, yeah you are absolutely correct. I did the *#*#checkin#*#* until there were no updates available.
Then, it was on to Root, and flashing! :)

Sent from My Pocket.