Droid with Chevy's 1.1ghz kernel running very hot

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ehaz, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ehaz

ehaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my droid yesterday. I flashed SPrecovery right away, got the thing rooted and flashed some roms (Bugless, nextheme and chevy's 1.1ghz kernel). I'm new to rooting and overclocking so when i used setCPU I just left all the settings at default and changed the max to 1100 and the min to 400. Are there any settings I could change to keep my droid from running so hot? the kernel is low voltage, should i lower the max on setCPU?

2. Greenblurr93

Greenblurr93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Define "Running Hot" what temps are you seeing??

3. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As mentioned a little more detail would help on what you mean by hot. As what ROM you currently running, and is a 2.1 ROM or is it a Froyo build ( ie 2.2). FYI Froyo does run warmer then any of the 2.1 ROMs no matter what ROM you have. In my tests is seems a comparable Froyo build to a 2.1 with the same kernel settings runs about 5degrees warmer

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Try different kernels. Either a different Chevy kernel or one of P3Droid's (P3Droid Kernels).

5. Asterisk

Asterisk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are running a Froyo rom no temp monitor can tell you the cpu temp. They only tell you the battery temp and that gets hot very easily. Until this problem is fixed I would just feel the back of my phone and guess what the temp is. If it is hot to the touch then it is about 100F maybe a little less.

6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't go as far as making that statement. But until things get posted around the web I can't say anything else. All I can say is we all should be lucky enough to get the feature back in the not to distant future.

Search tags for this page

kernel settings phone hot