Droid will not unlock!!!

swaks16

Reaction score
Ok so this kid decides to take my droid and type in the password so many times that i have to type my email and password to unlock it, and no matter how many times i type them it will not work! i know that they are correct because i just signed on my email to make sure, what can i do!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to be typing something wrong, cause that don't make sense....

And don't let people play with your DROID!!!!

OP
S

swaks16

Reaction score
You think i would let someone play with my droid , the kid stole it from my bag while i was at practice!
and i know im typing it right i have tried over 20 times

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You think i would let someone play with my droid , the kid stole it from my bag while i was at practice!
and i know im typing it right i have tried over 20 times

You should be that kids a$$ first of all.......lol

But I really have no clue as to why it wouldn't let you sign in to your Google account.....that makes no sense whatsoever...

OP
S

swaks16

Reaction score
I have tried over 20 times i know im typing it right , it worked on my first try on my computer

OP
S

swaks16

Reaction score
I know, but i still have no idea what to do

OP
S

swaks16

Reaction score
originally posted by BostonDroid...

1) create a new gmail account on the computer.
2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
enter to correct pattern previously set)
6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly
created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
and it should let you back in
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
account and keep the old one.

There you go!

Sorry didnt see that, thanks!

Guchi

Reaction score
here is the workaround
originally posted by bostondroid...

3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
is still connected)
5) go to settings -> location & security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
6) go to settings -> accounts & sync and click "add account" and add your newly
created gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new gmail account info
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added gmail

MrsDroid

Reaction score
here is the workaround
originally posted by bostondroid...

screen.
is still connected)
5) go to settings -> location & security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
6) go to settings -> accounts & sync and click "add account" and add your newly
created gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new gmail account info
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added gmail

This solution does not work for me at all. What happened with mine was my office installed an Exchange Active Sync email account on my phone - after that, it kept locking the phone and prompting for a password. It didn't want my Google account password, but the Exchange email password. Of course, now it wants that every time I try to get into my phone. I think I will have to delete the Exchange email account... hopefully then it will stop asking.