1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid WILL NOT UNLOCK OR ANSWER CALLS REGARDLESS OF ROM touchscreen works fine

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by droid d'oh, May 7, 2010.

1. droid d'oh

droid d'oh New Member

This just happened today. When trying to unlock the phone, the unlock screen becomes unresponsive, however when I hold the power button I am able to press the restart and shut down buttons so the touch screen is fine. Also when I do a clean install the lock screen still doesn't function, but I'm able to activate my phone without any issues using the touch screen. This has absolutely baffled me, hopefully you guys know something to fix it.

I'm using Ultimate Droid V10 Update with low voltage 1000ghz kernel.
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
  2. supahrob

supahrob New Member

I am currently having the same issue.... please please help!

Thought it was setcpu, but now I don't think so.

Takecare,
    Rob
  3. droid d'oh

droid d'oh New Member

I guess I owe this thread some follow up.

Turns out that a portion of the screen was defective and lost its ability to handle touch input in a certain spot. The screen did have a small crack in it on the left side near the dead spot(about 2mm), and may have led to damage to the touch sensor. My dead spot was from about 1 cm from the bottom to around 2 cm, and was tested by dragging screen icons around and seeing where the response was.

Motorola DID send a replacement for free after a helpful visit to Verizon even though the phone was bought in November. On top of that, the guy recognized that my phone was rooted somehow (I had restored to stock and unrooted?) and was able to get me overnight shipping. He took out his Droid to show off his custom BB rom, what a boss.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
Search tags for this page
955a touch screen
2010 motorola droid touch screen wont let me unlock phone
droid 2 touch screen wont unlock
droid 3 cannot answer button does not work
droid 4 answer calls without touchscreen
droid screen will not unlock
droid x2 screen wont unlock
how to answer phone without touch screen
motorola a854 touch screen issue

my droid 2 touch screen wont unlock