Droid will not mount to PC?

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
So, I went to mount my Droid to my PC this afternoon and, well, the Droid will not mount! It was working earlier in the day, and I didn't do anything different since I installed Baegel (it was mounting fine with it installed, too). It just seemed to happen out of the blue.

Is it my computer's problem? My Droid's SD card? I'm at a loss.:frown:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what could cause this......try restarting your Droid and try it again

OP
BrooklynDROID

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what could cause this......try restarting your Droid and try it again

Already did. Nothing.

Could the SD card have become corrupted? I think I have an external card reader here somewhere...if the card won't read in that, then I suppose the card is kaput.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is a possibility for it to be corrupted....what exactly does the Droid say when you try to mount it? Is the option to mount not even there when you plug in the USB?

OP
BrooklynDROID

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
Well, don't I feel silly...

I rebooted my computer and the Droid mounted right up:icon_ banana:
I expected the words, but it seems that the simple fix was the one that was needed.

Still, thanks!

roberj13

Reaction score
I thought I had this same issue the other day. I mounted my droid to put something on the sdcard. Unmounted, then realized that I forgot something, so I went to mount again. Droid wouldn't mount. Of course I had it connected USB the whole time. Once I unplugged the USB cord and hooked it back up, it worked. I don't know if you were still plugged in from a previous mount, but that's what it was for me.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
im having this issue. i select mount and then it says mounting. then it just goes right to preparing sd card. the computer doesnt even recognize it being connected but it charges fine. also i can connect it to my win xp laptop fine

kaju

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I have rebooted my computer and I have restarted my droid but to no avail. I mount the sd card but the computer does not read it.
does anyone have any suggestions?

Jokerz

Reaction score
I hate to say it but its a problem with the rom. I had the same issue with DM 1.0 and it also happened when i was using sholes rom. I'm currently using ultimate droid v 8.0 and its connects to my PC with no problems. I would suggest switching roms until droidmod comes out with an update

vedwed

Reaction score
I too have this issue, no rom installed, stock 2.1 rooted only. Rebooted PC and phone many times, tried all the usb ports (front of case and back of PC) can not figure out why in one night it just stopped working.

vedwed

Reaction score
OK, for some reason I had to DISABLE usb debugging for my PC to see the SD card...weird

kristain

Reaction score
RE : Droid will not mount to PC?

Go to the Settings then Applications and then to Development, then check USB Debugging.

SupAll

Reaction score
Interesting...I thought I was experiencing an isolated issue. I'm using BBv1.0 and my PC has Win7. I encountered the problem when I mounted my droid, but when it pulled up the options window, I accidentally clicked on backup. So I canceled it real quick and it unmounted my Droid. I was confused a little because even when I physically disconnected my Droid, the drive was still showing up in My Computer. A reboot of the PC fixed it, though.