Droid will not get past "M" logo.

bigfire

Reaction score
same problem

Ok, I actually got the sapphire installed. Unfortunately, I did a reboot to recovery, and I'm stucked at Motorola logo. As far as I can tell, the battery is fully charged, but the phone itself will not go beyond the logo. Let me charge it on my nightstand charger instead of my computer and see if they're any issue beyond.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Ok, I actually got the sapphire installed. Unfortunately, I did a reboot to recovery, and I'm stucked at Motorola logo. As far as I can tell, the battery is fully charged, but the phone itself will not go beyond the logo. Let me charge it on my nightstand charger instead of my computer and see if they're any issue beyond.

Wall charger should get it charged for you faster.

So, you had Sapphire up and running, booted into recovery and got stuck at the "m"?

OP
babyman287

babyman287

Reaction score
so how do I flash back to clockwork recovery 2.0.1.3?

bigfire

Reaction score

Wall charger should get it charged for you faster.

So, you had Sapphire up and running, booted into recovery and got stuck at the "m"?

Yep. I was using Rom Manager which seemed to be disagreeing with me, (if i tried to boot to recovery, it tends to boot to triangle instead of the recovery volume. I seemed to have to flash clockwork recovery before I boot to recovery. I do have nandroid backup, but at this moment, it's not going anywhere. Please note. Phone is a Droid (1st gen) using EasyRoot with Rom Manager (using busy box, which I confirm was working). I flashed to one of the stable sapphire rom, and was working until I got curious and reboot to recovery from sapphire.

Last edited:
OP
babyman287

babyman287

Reaction score
so how do I flash back to clockwork recovery 2.0.1.3?

***nevermind..i found it***

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Sorry, had to step out for a bit.

I have seen several people that used easy root have trouble with RM. I trick that tends to work is to flash an alternate recovery, than flash back to clockmod and then flash an older recovery. It's a PITA I know ...

OP
babyman287

babyman287

Reaction score
I did exactly that...
...everything from sapphire installs...
...then it does the reboot and goes to the "M" logo..
then reboots again and gets stuck for like 20 minutes...

...I really dont know whats going on

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hmmm ...

OK - I suggest trying to download it again with a different kernel. Typically when I get boot loops or stuck at the "M" it's invariably a kernel issue ...

OP
babyman287

babyman287

Reaction score
We are thinking alike...haha
...I figured the same thing...I guess I got bold and picked the 250-1350 kernel...

...i think Ill stick with 125-1000 kernel just to keep it safe...

thanks...

...ill let you know what happened

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
We are thinking alike...haha
...I figured the same thing...I guess I got bold and picked the 250-1350 kernel...

...i think Ill stick with 125-1000 kernel just to keep it safe...

thanks...

...ill let you know what happened

Yeah, that kernel didn't work for me either.

Typically my rule-of-thumb is on the first flash I stick with stock - kernel/no theme. I run it like that for 2 or 3 days to get a feel for things. Then add a kernel (if I feel I need to; Sapphire 1.0 ran great out of the gate for me so I stuck with the stock kernel) and wait another 2 days or so. Same procedure for a theme.
This way if you run into problems you have an easier time deciphering whether it's the kernel or theme (or your phone and the ROM don't get along) ...

OP
babyman287

babyman287

Reaction score
Ok thanks...its works now...
now time for themes