Droid Widgets

SLR2009

Reaction score
Hi, are all the Droid Widgets the same on all HTC Phones or do each phone do it differently? thanks

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
As far as what, setting up the widgets? Need to explain a little bit more as towards what your asking.

Detonation

Reaction score
There are common widgets built into the android os (like clock and photo frame) but each manufacturer also adds their own custom widgets which are only available on their phones. However, many of these widgets (HTC's specifically) have been cloned by developers and available for download. FancyWidgets Pro has the best HTC Clock skin I've seen, and LauncherPro Plus has most of the other widgets.

If your question was about if all HTC phones having the same widgets, then the answer is yes, the widgets are common to HTC's Sense UI

Last edited:
OP
S

SLR2009

Reaction score
I mean do the style of the widgets look exactly the same on all HTC Phones? I'm referring to the UI. I mean does the styles of the clocks look the same on the Droid Incredible vs the Evo 4g?

OP
S

SLR2009

Reaction score
There are common widgets built into the android os (like clock and photo frame) but each manufacturer also adds their own custom widgets which are only available on their phones. However, many of these widgets (HTC's specifically) have been cloned by developers and available for download. FancyWidgets Pro has the best HTC Clock skin I've seen, and LauncherPro Plus has most of the other widgets.

I appreciate the info. So I can download new widgets to my Droid phone even if my Phone doesn't come with them?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you can download any widgets you wish.

This is a general statement, but most apps will work with any android phone. Now, there are some that will be buggy on certain phones, or just haven't been optimized for certain phones, but I haven't found one widget so far that didn't work on my original Droid.