1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droid wi-fi on xbox360

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bikerdc17, Sep 25, 2010.

1. bikerdc17

bikerdc17 New Member

my droid connects to xbox 360. i just bought the new xbox but it says my nat is low. can someone explain this to me or tell me how to up it. also could i tether with a cable or would it not make a difference. thanks
  2. bikerdc17

bikerdc17 New Member

basically i have good cell signal and want to play online games like call of duty and halo. do you think that the droid is sufficient enough? or should i break down and subscribe to internet. i want the cheapest way possible.
  3. ngomez

ngomez New Member

if you do connect to xbl with your droid, be ready for tons of lag. XBL requires a broadband connection with something greater than 56K can you provide that with your droid on a constant stream?
    if you do get on, you probably wont be able to play with your friends due to your lack of NAT
  4. IanG

IanG New Member

Don't tether to the Xbox and play online with your Droid. Reasons?

1. You're using up a ton of data, another reason why Verizon is going towards tiered data plans.
    2. Your ping will be atrocious, you'll just want to go with a DSL/Cable connection anyways.
  5. jloya

jloya New Member

I have heard of people playing xbox live with little to no lag using their X

however they noted it was past midnight so there was not alot of traffic on the network, it was posted in a previous thread just dont feel like searchin for it

also verizon is already planning on cutting unlit data so abuse it while you can imo
  6. atomicsunset

atomicsunset New Member

You can get onlne via easy tether and using a laptops ethernet. I can join halo gams but can not host. Chat is a little delayed nd phone gets pretty pretty hot after long periods but if you have a strong 3g signal go for it!
  7. EddyBalls

EddyBalls New Member

Don't do it. I don't recommend this. If someone txts you, then you'll be disconnected. If you had the Evo 4G with a 4G plan, then yes go ahead and do it, but def not with the droid.
  8. jloya

jloya New Member

with how is this is to try why nott??

i say GO FORR IT :)

ps. post your resultss
  9. gonrada

gonrada New Member

EddyBalls is right.

I have been using the vent' app's for the droid and with full signal I sometimes have a 1000ms ping.

You may be able to connect and play, but the ping would be so bad you wouldn't be able to really enjoy the game.
  10. g4lapagos

g4lapagos New Member

i use my droid to play Reach and MW2 online a few times a week and it works great. i havent noticed any lag and consistently pull off great games with positive k/d's. each game only uses about 10mb down and around 5mb up.
    xbl: G4lapagos
  11. EddyBalls

EddyBalls New Member

but then the debate comes down to verizon actually going AT&T on us. They want money from people who don't know about rooting and free wifi-tethering that purchase the tethering plan. So when they see people who tether with crazy traffic like playing online, they'd make it a 2gb cap like AT&T. we don't want THAT do we?
Search tags for this page

connecting xbox 360 to droid a855 internet