1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid went crazy and never regained sanity

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by makieru, Feb 1, 2010.

1. makieru

makieru New Member

today my droid stopped working. At first it lost service in a spot that i usually have full bars in. i turned it off then powered it up and it worked again. i texted a friend, made a call. then i tried to make another call and the phone stopped working! first it wanted to force close, i think it was "phone.application" then it wanted to close "phonedialer.application" or something like that. after being frozen for some time i removed the battery and its been mia since. its stuck in the startup sequence. it'll do the d r o i d animation then stay at the red eye for about a minute. then it'll go back to the d r o i d animation. verizon store rep had no idea what was going on and ordered a new one to be here on wed. i asked if i could take this one home and try and fix it.

any ideas?
  2. fLiP SiD3

fLiP SiD3 New Member

Wow...........sorry to hear that
  3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

man that sucks, Ive never heard of anything like that. Did you ever hack it or root it? Or do any kind of modding to it prior to this happening?
  4. makieru

makieru New Member

no sir, i was afraid of something like this happening lol
  5. sabin_hardy

sabin_hardy New Member

Ugh. Mine did this already. Had if for about 2 days when it did. Hold X and the power button when you turn it on. You'll see something that looks like a triangle I believe. Then push the vol up and camera and hold them in. It will do some screen, and just follow the prompts. Something like restore, or reboot, or something like that. Good luck. I'm thinking about Slinging mine across the room. It keeps randomly reseting my ringtones, and commiting alot of Force Close on all apps.
  6. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

you guys are having crappy luck... welcome to the forums, sorry its for this reason...
  7. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

That REALLY sucks. Mine started rebooting itself about ten days in, but I was able to do a Factory data reset and it's a happy little camper now. Good luck to you!
  8. makieru

makieru New Member

yea, that advice will probably end up fixing the prob. thing is, i've decided to take the new one so i can start anew haha. thanks anyway though!
  9. mfoshee

mfoshee New Member

look up how to reset to manufacturer settings... i reset mine when panda home froze it i think you hold down the volume up button and the d button when your powering it on and it'll send you to a certain menu YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING ON IT!
  10. SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE Member

if you have astro file manager and do a back up first, you wont loose everything. i had to do a factory reset and since i had previously did a backup to my sd card and removed it prior to the factory reset all my apps, photos and music were still there.
Search tags for this page

crazy hidden motorola droid animation

sid3 button on droid x