Droid Wall Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjm610

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have always wanted a way to mount my droid on the wall next to my bed or even to the headboard of my bed. I am in the process of designing a mount for just that purpose, but am trying to gauge if there would be any interest in this or not, or am I the only one?

The idea is simple:

1. The brackets for the mount would be attached to the wall with mounting tape (think command strips, wont damage the wall)

2. Your droid will slide very easily into or out of the mount, even while plugged in (you would still use your regular charging cord).

3. The screen would not be covered so that you can still use it.

4. Use a clock application and replace your clock radio.

5. The headphone jack is still accessible, so you can listen to music through headphones while in bed without risking knocking your phone off the bed.

6. Compatible with all droids and pretty much all cases.

7. You will always have your droid within arms length while you are in bed, wont take up space on your nightstand with a bulky cradle, and you don't have to risk accidentally dropping your droid off the nightstand.

8. Could also be mounted next to your desk so that you don't take up desk space with a bulky cradle.

9. Mount your droid anywhere on a vertical surface!

Let me know what you guys think and I'll let you know if I make any new developments!

Prototype is in! Now working on production... I'll have pictures up soon. Keep updated: www.dockem.com

Last edited:

iDr0id

Reaction score
That actually isnt a bad idea with the wall mount...

Doyer

Reaction score
Cool project, I'd like to see what you come up with. If you're not the DIY type though, some people use the Arkon Mega Grip for their cars, I actually use their beanbag mount as a desk holder, and they also have 2 mounts you can use as a desktop / wall / nightstand mount:

sm416.jpg
sm428.jpg

The first one (SM416) looks like it would be cool for a wall mount, either with the adhesive or screwed in. The second one looks perfect for a nightstand with the adhesive or screwed. I guess either one would work, depending how far you wanted it from the wall / nightstand.

Here's a video for the SM416: [video=youtube;bJPsHWNwoDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJPsHWNwoDo]YouTube - 3 in 1 Dashboard, Console, or Desktop Mount with Mega Grip Phone Holder | Arkon SM416[/video]

Website: Arkon Mega Grip Smartphone Mount for Motorola Droid X, Droid, and Devour

Here's my beanbag deskholder from the other thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/63389-motorola-droid-car-mount-2.html#post706732

JRIkR.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.