Droid vs Nexus One

FlipBack

Reaction score
I would not switch. If when I bought my Droid the Nexus One had been an option, I would have considered it. I love the physical keyboard for controls for emulators though...

Zennmaster

Reaction score
I love my Droid, and I'm sure I'd be loving my N1 if I had one. Simply put, with LTE on the Verizon horizon, and not considering a provider switch a possibility, the Droid is my LAST pre-LTE phone.

Once VZW rolls out the new data network, my NE2 will be just about ripe, so I'm perfectly content hacking the snot out of this gorgeous Droid until then!:icon_ banana::heart::motdroidvert:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my Droid, and I'm sure I'd be loving my N1 if I had one. Simply put, with LTE on the Verizon horizon, and not considering a provider switch a possibility, the Droid is my LAST pre-LTE phone.

Once VZW rolls out the new data network, my NE2 will be just about ripe, so I'm perfectly content hacking the snot out of this gorgeous Droid until then!:icon_ banana::heart::motdroidvert:
Got that right!! I can't upgrade until 2 years anyway lol, hopefully by that time 4G LTE will be functional in my area.

nyyfan

Reaction score
can anyone explain this chart, i don't understand what the numbers are in the different categories that they use...

huskur

Reaction score
The droid is 4G LTE capable. As i understand its the only phone verizon has out that has the capabilities once it rolls out. We will get a standard support update when it occurs and your "3G" symbol on the noitification bar will be long gone in its place will be "4G"

edit: FYI---this info is from Motorola. Just hung up with them

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The droid is 4G LTE capable. As i understand its the only phone verizon has out that has the capabilities once it rolls out. We will get a standard support update when it occurs and your "3G" symbol on the noitification bar will be long gone in its place will be "4G"

I have heard the opposite as 4g requires a completely different type of hardware. Can anyone else confirm this?

FlipBack

Reaction score

I have heard the opposite as 4g requires a completely different type of hardware. Can anyone else confirm this?
This is also what I have heard.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

u r funi gai
You are correct, the Droid's (and every other phone currently out AFAIK) hardware is incapable of using 4G, regardless of what software upgrades it gets.