1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droid vs. iphone4? differences?

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by c_mack9, Jun 29, 2010.

1. c_mack9

c_mack9 New Member

so my office manager got an iphone4 and she thinks shes hot stuff. i dont know a lot about them except they multitask finally, and i know i have flash. whats the other differences?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

iPhone is a very nice phone, it's great for people who don't want to spend a lot of time and effort on their phone. Droid on the other hand allows a lot more opportunity for you to customize your phone. With rooting, overclocking, customized ROMs Droid gives you a great deal of choices on how you want your phone to perform.

iPhone is limited strictly to what Apple allows you to have. It's a very good, fast OS no doubt. I wouldn't even go so far as to say Droid is better then iPhone but overclock your Droid and show your iPhone friend how fast you can go. No way can the iPhone keep up.

iPhone probably has a better selection of Apps then Droid, but that's changing all the time. Since Droid is open source more developers can participate. iPhone uses only developers they pick.
  3. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Agreed +1, both are excellent devices and is mainly up to personal preference. You can also customized the iphone a great deal, its just more of a pain in the, well, you know.

I have an Incredible and the iPhone 4, (work and personal).....love both.
  4. c_mack9

c_mack9 New Member

great, you'll be able to answer this. what features other than the forward facing camera does the iphone4 have over android devices? ive never owned an iphone before.
  5. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 New Member

#1 biggest difference between droid and the iDontworkwhenyouretouchingmephone is well.... the apple product doesn't work if you're holding it "wrong".

dancedroid
  6. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Well....they are both pretty compatible feature wise, its just a whole difference user experience between the two.

Its kinda like comparing (no pun intended) Microsoft Windows to MacOSX - to each his own, its all user preference.

I think the iOS4 is a more "polished" operating system and more user friendly, but if your into stuff like widgets and more "out of the box" customization, than Android, its a little more "hardcore" if you will.

I personally like iOS a little better, I think the mail app is more polished and the same with other things on the phone......and I'll probably get spanked for saying that.

I really wish I could just combine the two, lol.

PS- Ive had my iphone 4 for a few days with NO reception issues. Maybe Im just lucky.

PPS- I preordered as I would never wait in line for any piece of electronics.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  7. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

whatever you do dont compare compare cameras! the 4's camera is amazing from what we've seen.
  8. c_mack9

c_mack9 New Member

ive always liked iphone cameras. i had 2 blackberrys and both of them had the same ****ty camera so im extremely pleased with the camera in the droid, especially since 2.2 greatly improved it. still no iphone camera but i'll live with it.