Droid vs Blackberry

patthepilot

Reaction score
I am a very unhappy user of a Samsug Saga, but the good news is i can upgrade right now. I have seen the Droid models and read a ton about them but i am still unsure if it is right for me versus a Blackberry. I need to be able to sync to my computers with outlook for my contacts, need to get email, text, and of course the internet ability seems to be fantastic. I have heard about rapid battery loss and i will only be able to charge the phone in the evening and need it to work all day. I am both in the travel industry as well as the business world. Can i get some experienced input from folks out there please?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
What service provider do you use? Or does it matter and can you change?

Most of the high-powered android models generally use more battery. large screen + touch screen = battery drainer unless you are willing to sit there and tweak and test for days/weeks to maximize battery life.

My gf has an lg ally with verizon, and it lasts longer than my droid, but it does have a slightly smaller screen, AND she doesn't use hers as much as mine, she really mostly uses it as a phone with only a small bit of heavy data usage. She can go easily a day up to two days without charging.
Tapatalk on Motorola Droid, UDeXtreme 8.0.0

Bilgediver

Reaction score
As to the syncing, yes all android models have syncing capabilities.

Tapatalk on Motorola Droid, UDeXtreme 8.0.0

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pat, go to your provider (you never said which one you had) and just play with the different android phones and BB phones you "might" be interested in. Android and BB are 2 different animals, and you will have to learn how to use the one you chose. I came from a palm, and it was a bit of a culture shock when nothing worked like it was "supposed" to. I know several BB users who have switched to android, and they all love it (Im up to 3 iphone users that have switched to android too), but you are the who has to be happy with the phone.

Todd droid x

Reaction score
I switched from a blackberry storm to a droid x. The speed of the droid is unbelievable compared to my storm. App downloads take a few seconds and the bigger screen was the big selling point for me.