Droid vs Blackberry

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by patthepilot, Oct 4, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. patthepilot

patthepilot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a very unhappy user of a Samsug Saga, but the good news is i can upgrade right now. I have seen the Droid models and read a ton about them but i am still unsure if it is right for me versus a Blackberry. I need to be able to sync to my computers with outlook for my contacts, need to get email, text, and of course the internet ability seems to be fantastic. I have heard about rapid battery loss and i will only be able to charge the phone in the evening and need it to work all day. I am both in the travel industry as well as the business world. Can i get some experienced input from folks out there please?
  2. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    What service provider do you use? Or does it matter and can you change?

Most of the high-powered android models generally use more battery. large screen + touch screen = battery drainer unless you are willing to sit there and tweak and test for days/weeks to maximize battery life.

My gf has an lg ally with verizon, and it lasts longer than my droid, but it does have a slightly smaller screen, AND she doesn't use hers as much as mine, she really mostly uses it as a phone with only a small bit of heavy data usage. She can go easily a day up to two days without charging.
    Tapatalk on Motorola Droid, UDeXtreme 8.0.0
  3. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    As to the syncing, yes all android models have syncing capabilities.

Tapatalk on Motorola Droid, UDeXtreme 8.0.0
  4. patthepilot

patthepilot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks a bunch
  5. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    Pat, go to your provider (you never said which one you had) and just play with the different android phones and BB phones you "might" be interested in. Android and BB are 2 different animals, and you will have to learn how to use the one you chose. I came from a palm, and it was a bit of a culture shock when nothing worked like it was "supposed" to. I know several BB users who have switched to android, and they all love it (Im up to 3 iphone users that have switched to android too), but you are the who has to be happy with the phone.
  6. Todd droid x

Todd droid x New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I switched from a blackberry storm to a droid x. The speed of the droid is unbelievable compared to my storm. App downloads take a few seconds and the bigger screen was the big selling point for me.