Droid Volume Excessively Low or Acting Differently than in the Past.

jscotti

Reaction score
I had a similar (if not the same) problem. I found that when I used some earphones with the earphone jack and then removed the earphone plug from the jack, the sound only came from the phone speaker and was thus very quiet no matter what I tried with audio settings. Both times happened when I plugged in external earphones in the jack. Both times had the unit remain in the phone speaker mode until I power cycled it and it returned to normal in both cases. I don't know if there is a less obtrusive way to get the audio back to the regular speaker but this seems like a "feature" that ought to be fixed in an OTA update such as the one that is imminent.

dpwhitten

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my Droid. I have not used Nav yet, but I have used a bluetooth earpiece a couple of times. Seemed to have occurred a couple of days after the last time I used the BT. A power cycle restored the volume, but if this continues to occur back to Verizon I go. Thanks for those who started this thread, as I was able to locate forum and a solution from a web search.

Fraxinus

Reaction score
...seems like a "feature" that ought to be fixed in an OTA update such as the one that is imminent.

I have experienced a similar issue (for the first time yesterday) and I *have* applied the 2.0.1 update - though manually, not OTA. I had been listening to the media player through the headphone jack. Some time later I received a phone call and got no audio from the earpiece. I was able to use speakerphone without issue but when toggling back and forth no audio would come from the earpiece.
I tried calling voicemail a couple times with the same result - nothing through the earpiece, but perfect audio with speakerphone turned on. I ended up power cycling my device as well and everything is fine now. I just tried listening to some music with headphones, then unplugging them, then trying a call to voicemail again. No issues, but I'm not sure I'm replicating the original issue correctly...I'll have to keep an eye on it.