Droid video uploads

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by ronimous, Nov 14, 2009.

1. ronimous

ronimous Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Today I discovered a few things about the Droid video camera and it's uploading techniques and limitations.

I took a video of my son's Pinewood Derby race...the video was shot indoors and wasn't the best of quality.

When I attempted to email or send the 5.8mb clip via text or Gmail, it gave me error messages that said the file was too big. Not sure if that was a Gmail thing or a droid thing. Kind of disappointing.

Next I uploaded to YouTube and got a message saying the video could only be uploades using the WiFi connection. Again...disappointing.

Another piece of information...apparently the 'share' option will only appear when viewing video clips inside the camera application and will not appear when viewing from the Gallery application.

Love my Droid, disappointed with these limitations.
  2. rican408

rican408 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Every phone I've ever owned/seen/heardof doesn't even come close to have the opton of sending these types of vids. Wondering y your dissapointed....also to upload any saved vid just long hold the video and lo and behold the share option just came up. Just to test I sent a 5 min video set to high quality to YouTube right now. Sure it needs wifi because its a huge file.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  3. Chrisace89

Chrisace89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I was disappointed with the limitations they set on file sizes. Can't send or upload files over 5mb.... I'm sure that's a limitation Verizon set.
  4. rican408

rican408 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This sounds like user error. i sent a 22mb file yesterday. Im sure i can double that and hit YOUTUBES limit of 10 mins.....
  5. depdaDROID

depdaDROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I disovered the hold long trick to share videos...but..the wifi does not work as it keeps retry..ing many times even when I am in a wifi hot spot. Is it because the youtube server is overloaded? Also on the share sreen it has a field for file name and in it is the video file name and I insert my personal title. Could this cause a problem? Not sure.
  6. onekgguy

onekgguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It would be nice to see a Facebook upload option in the future.

Kevin g
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +840
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    you may want to get Qik...it's an awesome app for what you are looking for (taking and uploading video)

you will not be disappointed
  8. appirishmen

appirishmen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i am having this problem. do you know why i can not upload to youtube. it says uploading...then retrying????
  9. JPHeiser

JPHeiser New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also having upload trouble. I shot a 4-minute music performance and wanted to share it with folks who couldn't be there. It is a substantial file, and I waited until I got home to upload it via WiFi, but no joy. Also no joy at the office today.

I'd love some guidance from Motorola or YouTube on why large files aren't uploadable.
  10. JPHeiser

JPHeiser New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    update - uploads enabled soon

Had an online message exchange with a Google employee, who told me there's a server setting that needs adjusting - they'll handle it in the next few days or so. My guess is after Thanksgiving.
  11. sterdroids

sterdroids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So what are people doing to share their droid videos? transfer to the computer then to youtube etc...

whats the best app to edit droid videos?

thanks
  12. rican408

rican408 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is working just fine over the wifi.....
  13. silverx10

silverx10 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I definitely share your woes, here. I was incredibly surprised to find the limitation on what you could (and couldn't) upload from your 3G connection. Seems to me that if you're paying for that thar dataplan (and this has been brought up countless times, I know), you should damn well be able to use it for whatever you want.

Data is data.
  14. sterdroids

sterdroids Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BUMP!!

Anyone? What do you use? How do you send the videos to people? Does anyone use the video on the droid?

I set the Droid to WIFI to transfer the video files but how? When I go to Gmail through the browser there is no button to attach files. I also used the browser to go to yahoo and it said "attachment disabled" How do I share a video from the Droid?

What am I doing wrong?

thanks for any help!
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  15. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I uploaded a video a while back and it worked just fine. I was disappointed that I needed a wifi connection but its not surprising when you think about it for a few seconds.

Gmail has like a 20MB (probably more) Max file size. So not sure what ur talking about with the 5MB limit.

Maybe your wiring was slow or weak signal. It is also possible that youth was having prisms at that time. Its not uncommon for high traffic websites to have issues. MySpace and such have problems all the time.

Uploading to ytube has a few limitations but its still way better than having to transfer it to a PC first!
Search tags for this page

droid video upload

how to upload a video from droid 4
motorola droid live video upload app
programs to upload videos from droid phones
trouble uploading videos on droid
upload large videos on droid
upload video from android
upload videos fro android
uploading droid video audio
why aren't my videos uploading to flickr from my android inc