Droid vibrating too softly for event notifications!!!!

Batman8

Reaction score
I love my Droid but it is driving me crazy that I can't seem to get my phone to vibrate more than the standard (2 quick buzzes) when an event reminder is set. That means I miss all of my meetings for work etc. I have tried everything (Missed Call, Event Notification, Handcent, Google Notification, etc.) but nothing gives stronger or longer vibrations for events!! Can someone please help?!!!

Thanks in advance.

khelek

Reaction score
I love my Droid but it is driving me crazy that I can't seem to get my phone to vibrate more than the standard (2 quick buzzes) when an event reminder is set. That means I miss all of my meetings for work etc. I have tried everything (Missed Call, Event Notification, Handcent, Google Notification, etc.) but nothing gives stronger or longer vibrations for events!! Can someone please help?!!!

Thanks in advance.

I wish I knew the answer for this....I came to a Droid from an ENV and would keep it on vibrate. As a sys admin, I have servers that send SMS to my phone if something's wrong. On my ENV, if something came in, it would vibrate like...well, something that vibrates strongly and would wake me up in the middle of the night. It was the only thing that would do it (none of the audible notifications would).

My Droid? Not so much. The vibration's weak, and as far as I know, there's no way to change it. I've got it set to vibrate at night, and while I get multiple sms/emaiils at night, it very rarely awakens me. Haven't been bitten yet, but I don't look forward to the day I do....

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
DESPARATELY need stronger/longer vibration for events!!! PLEASE HELP!!

I love my Droid but it is driving me crazy that I can't seem to get my phone to vibrate more than the standard (2 quick buzzes) when an event reminder is set. That means I miss all of my meetings for work etc.! I have always kept my phones on 100% vibrate to ensure that I get all calls, messages, and reminders without having to hear them, especially while in meetings or loud places. I have tried everything (Missed Call, Event Notification, Handcent, Google Notification, Smart Vibrate, etc.) but nothing gives stronger or longer vibrations for calendar events!! Can someone please help?!!!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Feel free to email me if desired at [email protected]

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love my Droid but it is driving me crazy that I can't seem to get my phone to vibrate more than the standard (2 quick buzzes) when an event reminder is set. That means I miss all of my meetings for work etc.! I have always kept my phones on 100% vibrate to ensure that I get all calls, messages, and reminders without having to hear them, especially while in meetings or loud places. I have tried everything (Missed Call, Event Notification, Handcent, Google Notification, Smart Vibrate, etc.) but nothing gives stronger or longer vibrations for calendar events!! Can someone please help?!!!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - Feel free to email me if desired at [email protected]

Check out an app called Missed Call. If I recall, it does what you want as you can set the notification to repeat.

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
I see that you mentioned you already tried missed call but did you make a custom vibrate pattern our just use their settings? I use missed call and never miss a text or call due to my custom vibrate settings

srothkin

Reaction score
So far the only solution I've found is to have both vibrating and audio alerts for calendar and astrid events. For calendar events, I found a recording of Reveille and converted it to a ringtone -- that always gets my attention ;)

srothkin

Reaction score
While missed call allow customizing the vibrate type for calendar events (I have mine set to "multiple long"), it doesn't have a repeat setting for if I miss the initial vibration. :(

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ringo Pro. It even has a setting for vibrate called relentless lol

jalsk

Reaction score
I use an application called SMS Popup to customize the sms notifications on my phone. It provides a completely customizable notification from the duration of vibrate to the number of times it reminds you. I wholeheartedly recommend this application. It is a must on this phone (or any android phone, in my opinion).

-jalsk

edms

Reaction score
You can use Nudnik make your calendar event reminders vibrate repeatedly.
Nudnik Repeating reminder v3.2.0 - Snoozes are Application for Android | Productivity

It took me a while to get the settings right. Here's what I use:

Popup screen: Unchecked
Turn-on screen: Unchecked
Play sound: Checked
Vibrate: Checked
Vibration Pattern: Long
Choose LED color: Blue
Alarm Settings: Repeating Alarm
'Nudnik' Default Alarm: Checked
Increasing Alarm Sound: Checked
Override Phone modes: Checked
Shake Settings: Unchecked (for all)
Repeating Alarm Preferences - Repeating Alarm Interval: 30 Secs
Repeating Alarm Preferences - Alarm Recurrency Limit: 5 Mins

edms

Reaction score
You can use Nudnik make your calendar event reminders vibrate repeatedly.
Nudnik Repeating reminder v3.2.0 - Snoozes are Application for Android | Productivity

It took me a while to get the settings right. Here's what I use:

Popup screen: Unchecked
Turn-on screen: Unchecked
Play sound: Checked
Vibrate: Checked
Vibration Pattern: Long
Choose LED color: Blue
Alarm Settings: Repeating Alarm
'Nudnik' Default Alarm: Checked
Increasing Alarm Sound: Checked
Override Phone modes: Checked
Shake Settings: Unchecked (for all)
Repeating Alarm Preferences - Repeating Alarm Interval: 30 Secs
Repeating Alarm Preferences - Alarm Recurrency Limit: 5 Mins

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Threads Merged, Please refrain from cross-posting.