Droid Utilities

RecruiterGuy

Reaction score
Hi:
I will be receiving my new Droid 2 on my Monday. Does anyone know of applications that will backup the entire system, clean the system and an app that will help manage alarms for e-mail, reminders & phone alarms?
Andy

mindytyson3

Reaction score
Hi:
I will be receiving my new Droid 2 on my Monday. Does anyone know of applications that will backup the entire system, clean the system and an app that will help manage alarms for e-mail, reminders & phone alarms?
Andy

Congrats! I will be also getting mine tomorrow (Monday)! I am so excited! I can't wait! Lots of studying I have been doing since this phone came out! I have wrote down stuff and even saved forums. I still will have to learn more about how to do things and what not to put on there.dancedroid

Panamakevin

Reaction score
Hi:
Andy

My favorite backup program is MyBackup... it will backup all of your settings and data as well as all of your apps, even ones not installed through the Marketplace...

Reinhart

Reaction score
RecruiterGuy,

Take a look at "Lookout" its on the market. Backs up calls, pics, contacts, locates your phone if it is lost or stolen. Its free!

Panamakevin

Reaction score
Lookout is awesome... i use it as well, if it back'd up apps i could toss MyBackup and just rely on Lookout...

wmscottmc

Reaction score
MyBackup does not backup application data, does Lookout backup app data (on an un-rooted phone)?

Reinhart

Reaction score
MyBackup does not backup application data, does Lookout backup app data (on an un-rooted phone)?

No it just does backups of your calls, contacts and pictures. You get an allocated space of 1.5gb on their servers.

lizz123

Reaction score
The ultimate way to personalize and protect your electronic device! Unique Skins are removable adhesive-backed vinyl covers for protecting and customizing your electronic device. The best part about Unique Skins is that they are completely customizable.

lilmiss87

Reaction score
RecruiterGuy,

Take a look at "Lookout" its on the market. Backs up calls, pics, contacts, locates your phone if it is lost or stolen. Its free!

my phone was freezing while listening to music and i took it to the verizon store and they said that lookout is just an app that collects info about what u download in the marketplace and what you do on the phone and that the reason my phone was freezing was because it was "thinking everything that i did was an issue that needed to be protected against." and i quote the verizon tech on that, when in fact all i was doing was trying to listen to my music.. so he deleted the lookout off of my phone and i haven't had that problem since or any other problems.. just thought i would mention that lookout causes more problems than it "protects" against and needless to say i was very angry at the person who suggested i put that program on my phone as i don't know if it caused any damages to my phone when it froze. all i know is that i would not recommend lookout to ANYONE :motdroidvert:

event121

Reaction score
RecruiterGuy,

my phone was freezing while listening to music and i took it to the verizon store and they said that lookout is just an app that collects info about what u download in the marketplace and what you do on the phone and that the reason my phone was freezing was because it was "thinking everything that i did was an issue that needed to be protected against." and i quote the verizon tech on that, when in fact all i was doing was trying to listen to my music.. so he deleted the lookout off of my phone and i haven't had that problem since or any other problems.. just thought i would mention that lookout causes more problems than it "protects" against and needless to say i was very angry at the person who suggested i put that program on my phone as i don't know if it caused any damages to my phone when it froze. all i know is that i would not recommend lookout to ANYONE :motdroidvert:

Apps have issues and get updated.

Lookout has no issues on my phone.
However, I only use the Virus-Scanner.

You could probably have disabled that feature and kept it. Or uninstall/reinstall. It might also have been conflicting with another application. Who knows. There are plenty of apps like it though so not a huge loss.