Droid users who use QUICKEN on their pc?

bodean

Reaction score
Those who use Quicken on your pc, what are your options on the DROID to keep up to date your checking / savings account? I know there is not quicken app for the droid, so I'm at a loss of what I can use to keep me up to date with my accounts.

Leckert123

Reaction score
I have the Bank of America app for my banking. You can check to see if there is a banking app for your bank. Not sure that's what you are looking for, though.

Are you looking for some mini-accounting app to import your Quicken data?

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
I download transactions from my bank into quicken. I would like to know, when I am out, how much money I have in my checking account. Only way I thought I could do this was with a quicken app, or would I manually have to update an app on the droid?

Leckert123

Reaction score
With my Bank of America app, I can check the balances and all transactions on my BoA accounts, and also transfer money between the accounts, just like when I am on my PC. I think I can also pay bills, but have not done that from my phone.

I downloaded the Bank of America mobile banking app from Android Market directly to my phone. Maybe your bank has one? US Bank has one, as well as some others.

Fullenwider

Reaction score
Landware has Pocket Quicken for Mobile Windows Smartphones and has come out with an iPhone App. I am hoping they will release a Droid App SOON!

Maybe if everyone emails them they will see there is a market for it and expedite a PDQ Version (Pocket Droid for Quicken).

seccles

Reaction score
Pocket Quicken

I called the company that puts out Pocket Quicken and was told that they have no plans to make a version for the Droid. Too bad. I really miss it, having used it for years on an iPaq.

mjs31

Reaction score
I download transactions from my bank into quicken. I would like to know, when I am out, how much money I have in my checking account. Only way I thought I could do this was with a quicken app, or would I manually have to update an app on the droid?

Your bank doesn't have a mobile web site? I have capital one and they have a mobile link I can log into to check balances, pay bills etc..

Fullenwider

Reaction score
Yup, I emailed them and that was their reply.
Too bad.:icon_ nono2:

Email them back and say your moving your accounts....

Quicken is just a program you can see all your accounts in one place. I use it because I can add upcoming transactions in the future. Can't do that on any bank website that I know of.

Mint & Quicken online would be great "IF" you could add future transactions, but you can't.

dalegg

Reaction score
Bank and Credit Card Accounts

You can get Personal Assistant from the App Store. It will display all of your recent transactions and balances for your banks, credit cards, utility bills, etc. It evens will display your Netflix account.
You can get the free one or the paid one if you have more than 10 accounts.
It also lets you go to the web to display this stuff.
I wouldn't leave home without it.

Technoman

Reaction score
With my Bank of America app, I can check the balances and all transactions on my BoA accounts, and also transfer money between the accounts, just like when I am on my PC. I think I can also pay bills, but have not done that from my phone.

I downloaded the Bank of America mobile banking app from Android Market directly to my phone. Maybe your bank has one? US Bank has one, as well as some others.

But if you are not tracking your actual transactions, non of the Banking Web sites, or APPS will tell you your true balance. They MEMO post items that fall off after a couple of days that causes your balance to not indicate the transaction. Also Checks will not show till they post. I wish there was just one APP that would import CSV or other type of file like Pocket Quicken did.

I am trying out Easy Money, but you have to put everything in as you do it. 30 day trial is FREE, but I think you have to purchase after that.