1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid users are 20% of android base

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by butterfras, Jan 20, 2010.

1. butterfras

butterfras New Member

I found a stat on the android developer pages. Android 2.01 users makeup 20.4% of the people that have used the market recently. That's pretty impressive considering that the Droid is the only phone with 2..01 (I think) and it's only been out 2 months.

Platform Versions | Android Developers
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm looking forward to seeing the VZW 4th quarter results since introduction of the Moto Droid and Eris. Everything looks quite impressive.
  3. bossrogue

bossrogue New Member

You have to admit, the Droid really took off.
  4. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

a sales mgr from ny vzw store was at my local vzw store and I over heard them discussing the droid craze. They was talking about how it is surpassing expectations.

The droid craze is going to continue to grow as I see more people with droids. It is compensating for the disappointing bbstorm2 sales. Actually storm 2 users are returning them for droids.
  5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

I would be interested in how many 'active' Android phones are currently running (i.e. still being used). That would give us a good idea of how well, or poor the Android OS (and for that matter the Droid) is coming in terms of market infiltration.

Note: I specified 'active' devices and not 'sales' because with devices like this there is likely a LARGE number of users that have updated to newer phones and/or returned to other devices. Sales numbers would be to misleading. Also with the Droid specifically there have been a TON of returns and exchanges so sales (in this case purchase info) would not be an accurate representation of how many devices are actually being used.