DROID USB/SD to PC Transfer issues

Daywalker

Reaction score
true you shouldn't have to, but i dont think it's really the droid's fault. mine is a toshiba satellite 64-bit with windows 7 and it sees my card. HOWEVER, it doesn't see it as droid...it just shows removable disk F. have you tried yur computer support ppl?

Mine too no name just removable disk F but it works

LoisAnn

Reaction score
Droid SD won't Mount on PC

I have had my Droid for about 2 weeks now and have been fighting with mounting the sd card so my HP Vista PC will recognize it. I have followed all the instructions, downloaded drivers, spoken to 2 levels of help at Motorola, taken the phone to the Verizon store for in person help, and spoken to their 2nd level support. No one can get my PC to recognize the sd card for more than a minute. The PC recognizes the phone and assigns a drive letter but when I try to access the drive I get a message to insert a disk. If I start with a fresh boot I can sometimes get it to see the contents of the sd card for a minute or so, but it always looses the drive before I have time to transfer any files.
The Verizon in-store support guy even tried to connect another phone to my PC and got the same result.

I also have a Mac, and when I connect to that there is no problem. I am convinced there is something set up incorrectly on the PC, but no one has been able to identify anything that helps. For now, I am only going to use it with the Mac, but would be happy to learn of any solution for my PC.

Leonard Wong

Reaction score
You can try to install FTPServer and mount your sd card wirelessly. Not a fix for your problem, but at least a work around.

JonBattle

Reaction score
LoisAnn &Others - a month ago I posted the exact message. IM MY case
It worked fine with Vista but NOT with Win 7. I also spent
An hour with Motorola's 2nd level..no answer. THIS is a
Windows issue. Here is a WORKAROUND:

START WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE! !! THE CARD WILL
CONNECT AS IT SHOULD AND STAY CONNECTED!!

Pain in the ass? YES...but it works

Email me if this does not work for you

MK17

Reaction score
Last edited: