Droid update 2.1 news

streetkid

Reaction score
I'd like to see the actual announcement from Motorola. Theres nothing on their twitter, and their facebook is cluttered to hell, can anyone help find the original post FROM Motorola?

edit: lol, seconds after posting I found it

"Motorola Hi all-- we know you are frustrated with the lack of details regarding Android software upgrades and we sincerely apologize for not being able to share info sooner. We're happy to relay the 2.1 upgrade to DROID will start to roll out this week, and we will have more information to share on other device upgrades later ...this week as well. Thanks for your patience and continued support."

It was posted ~5 hrs ago with 150 plus comments if anyone else is looking...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
As soon as someone of the forum receives it we'll all know what 2.1 is about.

True enough. I wonder if the update will be like last time and have so many a day.

BTW, I have the Genie news/weather widget and the updated Gallery. Should I uninstall them now, or can it be done after the actual update?

Last edited:

r-dubya

Reaction score
I don't really see any need at all to unroot just for this update. I may, after the update is pushed and see what it’s about, install 2.1 myself, but I doubt it. I think some great points have been made in this thread, like why would moto push an inferior product out the door with competition looming on the Verizon?:)biggrin:pun intended) I think I will stay with my rooted droid and Sholes, as they seem to have it together.

rjenk

Reaction score
While all of the potential 2.1 additions are nice, I am really interested to find out what specific Moto Droid fixes are included. For instance, has Moto tweaked the software for the camera, etc? Plus might there be some additions specific to Moto. Like others, I am looking forward to some of the "published" changes but I am sure there will be much more that just a port of 2.1 from Nexus.