Droid Unroot

granthughes

Reaction score
I would like to apologize of there is already a better thread for this, but a problem that I am having more than anything is unrooting.

I have downloaded the recent OTA for ICS, however I can't install it (presumably because of some nonsense regarding rooting). I had rooted my Bionic, then the June OTA occurred. I think I lost root access during that OTA, and now I'm left with Superuser. I don't want any of it, because it is all just causing me pain. I'd love to just be able to update to ICS, but not if it requires some difficult procedure just to keep my "root."

So, the plot thickens with: I can't complete anything on a computer (mostly because mine is a Mac, and almost none of the software is compatible, plus I no longer have a USB cable.

Any Ideas?

Grant Hughes

dautley

Reaction score
Getting a new USB cable is a good place to start. Go get you one and report back to everyone on your progress. We have faith, oh ye user of Mac.:icon_eek:

Last edited:

Crazebeats

Reaction score
The fast boot files are available, you can just back up your data and use rsd and flash to 246 stock. Or you can go into recovery and install zip while rooted. I never had any problem with it and I never removed root to install any of the leaks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
G

granthughes

Reaction score
Although it should be do-able without, I got a USB chord.
I have put the ICS update onto my SD card and tried to install through recover, however that didn't work. The install was aborted. I think that not having superuser would probably help. Or really anything. I don't know what to do at this point.

Also, recall that I can't use RSD.

OP
G

granthughes

Reaction score
So, I just re-rooted my phone so that I could uninstall superuser. I then used Ginger Un-root which took maybe two seconds. To my knowledge, I am no longer rooted, seeing as how superuser is gone. However, upon booting in recovery and attempting to apply an update from SD, I got the following:
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/logwrapper". "4a63fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a". "16sec 244c44c8e2a73a969cb49834d6f6fe229d7")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
Status 7
Installation aborted.

ldubs

Reaction score
Why can't you use rsd?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jhom

Reaction score
So, I just re-rooted my phone so that I could uninstall superuser. I then used Ginger Un-root which took maybe two seconds. To my knowledge, I am no longer rooted, seeing as how superuser is gone. However, upon booting in recovery and attempting to apply an update from SD, I got the following:
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/bin/logwrapper". "4a63fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a". "16sec 244c44c8e2a73a969cb49834d6f6fe229d7")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
Status 7
Installation aborted.

Have you deleted some system files? Do you have bloatware or other files frozen? If so, you need to unfreeze them.