Droid Ultra & Droid Maxx Preorders Are Likely Already Shipping

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-ultra-red-black.png

Several folks have shared they have received emails from Verizon indicating their Droid Ultra and/or Droid Maxx preorders have started shipping. According to the emails, the phones should start hitting doorsteps on Monday, August 19th. This is a full day before the phones start showing up on Verizon shelves. Both devices will officially go on sale at Verizon retail outlets on August 20th. The Droid Ultra will sell for $199.99 on contract, and the Droid Maxx will go for $299.99 on contract.

Sound off if you are one of the lucky ones whose device has shipped, and don't forget to let us know if you ordered the black one or the red one. :)

jspradling7

Reaction score
Their website still says that they will start shipping 8/27. I'm confused...

djspy

Reaction score
I think the initial batch sold out. The ones that are shipping right now. They're expecting to get new inventory to ship out by the 27th.

Reaction score
So none of the new droid.phone have SD card slots.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Rhino94

Reaction score
So none of the new droid.phone have SD card slots.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Honestly the SD card doesn't do a whole lot because you can only put so much on it and it doesn't allow apps to put all their memory on it. So Idk if you get a 32gb phone your set for a while

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Honestly the SD card doesn't do a whole lot because you can only put so much on it and it doesn't allow apps to put all their memory on it. So Idk if you get a 32gb phone your set for a while

Unless you're a flashoholic. Then every time you change your daily driver or want to try out some new experimental ROM, you have to be willing to move your music, images, videos, and whatever else you want, back over from your computer every time.

That's been my biggest complaint about the Nexus 7. All of the ROMs for my emulators, my scanned comics...even all of my Titanium Backups, they've all got to be exported off the device before I can swap ROMs. Where as with my Bionic I can just keep all of that stuff on the SD card and it's always nice and safe.

4low4fun

Reaction score
Unless you're a flashoholic. Then every time you change your daily driver or want to try out some new experimental ROM, you have to be willing to move your music, images, videos, and whatever else you want, back over from your computer every time.

After what they just did to the RAZR HD this phones going to be locked down tight! It's going to be three months before some one who is way smarter then myself even achieves root let alone getting that boot loader unlocked....

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Speak for yourself, I know my 64 gig micro SD card has come in handy, have a ton of high resolution movies and high resolution music on it, and it is almost full. There is a reason manufacturers are manufacturing micro SD cards, it's for people like me that like to have OPTIONS.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Just got back from a Verizon corporate store and they said they will be receiving all three new droids on 8/20 and then the HTC 1 on 8/22. I'm hoping for the Maxx to satisfy my needs.

4low4fun

Reaction score
Have we determined what the retail price on the maxx is gonna be?

Rhino94

Reaction score
After what they just did to the RAZR HD this phones going to be locked down tight! It's going to be three months before some one who is way smarter then myself even achieves root let alone getting that boot loader unlocked....

Actually why I said what I said is because they are trying to find new methods to stop rooting and Roms by getting rid of the SD card. Google is very against SD cards. They dnt like people being able to add memory that can be used to change their already free software. They want to make it harder for people who like to root and put Roms on their phones(I like to sometimes but not as much as some of you). The only negative aspect is that the phones don't have enough space to do what most people want. I honest need a 32 GB at least. I doubt music, movies a ton of apps, I sometimes use my phone as a storage device for essays, etc. If they dnt start making memory cheaper I will have to go to a cheaper phone...like an iPhone that I can get 64gb for $400 I believe if I'm not mistaken.

djspy

Reaction score
I'm wondering where the dedicated section for these phones is. Some people should be getting them today.