Droid turning itself off?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by topguy, Dec 9, 2009.

1. topguy

topguy New Member

the main reason i joined the forums was to ask everyone how to skip a line in a text message because the return button just sends the text :/

anyway the tech problem is that my phone was randomly turning itself off yesterday and the keyboard and auto-brightness were not working but my battery was at 50% the problem was not that. it seems to be all fine now after i charged it overnight (again the power was not a problem)

just thought i'd let people know :) and if someone can answer my text question that would be awesome :D
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

the return button shouldn't send the text it should skip to the next line, it doesn't on mine at least...

as for your power problem, how many times did it turn itself off? did you download any new apps? If you dont' have too many apps and haven't customized too much i would say do a factory reset.
  3. topguy

topguy New Member

hmm... well im on the android keyboard so may that have something to do with it?

it turned off by itself about 3-4 times. i didnt download any new apps and i have customized the lock screen with the app "lock 2.0". it isnt having the problem anymore so im not worried too much about it but if it does happen again ill give that a shot.
  4. topguy

topguy New Member

hmm... well im on the "android keyboard" and have no other options for keyboard layouts. so may that have something to do with it?

it turned off by itself about 3-4 times. i didnt download any new apps and i have customized the lock screen with the app "lock 2.0". it isnt having the problem anymore so im not worried too much about it but if it does happen again ill give that a shot.

EDIT: it did happen a few hours ago and i noticed that the battery cover was slighty off so i clicked it back, that might have been it.

EDIT 2: i just figured out how to return. i have to hold down the CAPS button and then hit the return button while holding the CAPS button. idky but thats how i do it.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  5. cavs23

cavs23 New Member

Droid turnin itself off

Ok i read the other threads but nothing seems to be working. It just started out of nowhere today and keeps happening. I'd say about ten times its turned off. I didnt install anything...i updated a few apps but that was it.

Anybody with any usefull info would help. Thanks
  6. topguy

topguy New Member

i havent had the problem since i posted maybe try taking out the battery and re-inserting it to make sure it is in its spot perfectly. then click on the cover and try not to slide it all day like i have a bad habit of doing :p
  7. bbtkd

bbtkd Member

If you have installed a virus checker, deinstall it. Others are posting all over the forums that they received an update to the virus checker, and then they started having this problem. Deinstall it and it goes away.
Search tags for this page
droid mini keeps shutting off
motorola defy keeps turning off
motorola defy turns itself off
my droid dna keeps turning on and off

my droid keeps turning off

my droid phone keeps turning off
verizon droid mini keeps cutting off
what does my droid m keep going on and off
why does my android phone keep shutting off

why does my droid keep shutting off

why does my droid keep turning off