Droid Turbo's battery not lasting for more than six hours

DroidT

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
Are you planning on disassembling the phone and replacing it yourself?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yes...I have no alternative...Motorola assistance, here, doesn't accept devices not sold in the european market...I bought it used from a person who got it in the USA; could you help me in finding for this battery? Nowadays I think that this device is a great phone...battery, software, but still waiting for Marshmallow...Thank you

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes...I have no alternative...Motorola assistance, here, doesn't accept devices not sold in the european market...I bought it used from a person who got it in the USA; could you help me in finding for this battery? Nowadays I think that this device is a great phone...battery, software, but still waiting for Marshmallow...Thank you
I agree, it's still a great phone. Have you tried an Internet search for replacement batteries?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try Amazon... replacement battery for Motorola XT1585

DroidT

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
Yes, I tried, but there are only on the USA amazon; in european amazon, it's difficult; then, there are a lot of not original batteries :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, I tried, but there are only on the USA amazon; in european amazon, it's difficult; then, there are a lot of not original batteries :)

I agree that steering clear of non OEM (original) batteries is a good idea. This is what might make it hard for us to help, since most of us are in the US our search results might not be international. Are there any reputable cell phone / tech repair shops nearby that might sell phone batteries, or can order them for you?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I believe I saw some from moto listed. Try a Google search

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just following his notes above about 3 turbo charge batteries, thus the conclusion was bigger battery.

Trying to offer help, obviously all help isn't helpful ;)

Sent from my New Note 7
A bigger batter would be great if one exists. Same issue for the moto z force that is too bulky with snap in battery

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just following his notes above about 3 turbo charge batteries, thus the conclusion was bigger battery.

Trying to offer help, obviously all help isn't helpful ;)

Sent from my New Note 7
You comment is helpful in which it furthered the discussion and maybe the device makers will make bugger batteries if shared enough LOL

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just FYI: The Turbo 2 battery is sealed and not user replaceable. The phones are not even one year old yet so I doubt the battery itself is bad. It could be, but more than likely very high usage, very high SOT, and apps installed that may be conflicting with the built-in Moto App and it's designed functionality. Just my 2 cents worth.
Remember I use my phone more than most people probably use a laptop or and iPad or surface. Uo to 25000 mah on some days now. I have a 10000 mah 2 port 2.1 slow charger Mophie sold at verizon which is ok but the Samsung fast chargers are best si far but verizon only sells the 5000mah version and the turbo car charger but Last week I was told motos web site has even better ones that I still have not checked out but am planning too..

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
A bigger batter would be great if one exists. Same issue for the moto z force that is too bulky with snap in battery

TurboPower 15 Wall Charger. Noticed this is out if stock today and it has a link to car chargers that doesn't list car chargers . Does anybody see a car charger when following this link on motos website(maybe I should search Lenovo website LOL)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I beleive this link is straight to the Moto Store ~ Charger section. Looks like both car charger out of stock at the moment.

Chargers - Chargers English - US

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
TurboPower 15 Wall Charger. Noticed this is out if stock today and it has a link to car chargers that doesn't list car chargers . Does anybody see a car charger when following this link on motos website(maybe I should search Lenovo website LOL)

Amazon has the same genuine Moto turbo powered car charger with a 3' cable for half the price, if you are a Prime member.

https://amzn.com/B01B8I8ZOA

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I beleive this link is straight to the Moto Store ~ Charger section. Looks like both car charger out of stock at the moment.

Chargers - Chargers English - US

Ya the car charger turbo 25l looks like what I need but it's out of stock and I was told by the Verizon retailer it's avail direct only from moto. Do you think they still make it or will they restock? What's the difference between the two the 15 and 25 have the same description?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Amazon has the same genuine Moto turbo powered car charger with a 3' cable for half the price, if you are a Prime member.

https://amzn.com/B01B8I8ZOA
Oh checking out now . Verizon retailer said the moto brand is faster than the Verizon branded ones. I checkEd out the link and it says it's fast but reviews say ita 2x as long as a wall plug turbo moto charger which I think matches Verizon's branded turbo car charger. Has anyone tried to see if they are the same or if the moto one is better?

Last edited: