Droid Turbo vs Nexus 6

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Turbo for the size and Moto features/actions. If I didn't have a tablet then maybe the Nexus 6. I rarely take photos so the camera does not enter my decision.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think that the Droid with its bigger battery and smaller screen will be more practical for me.. Doesn't mean I don't want a nexus too... With it running lollipop out of the box, and being nexus... But I'm waiting to see exactly what that means on vzw's network.. They've been doing OK with the nexus 7 that they sell... So, here's to hoping..

But 3200mah vs 3900mah..And nearly(almost exaggerated) an inch if difference in the screen...

The nexus has a form of amoled screen I think... I'm hoping that the Droid will too.. I've gotten used to the over saturated colors I guess, and the G3's screen, though sharp and crisp, left me wanting more on the color side of things.. Yes it could be adjusted... But I still couldn't get it to where it suited me.

I'm relatively sure the Droid will have most of what the nexus has as far as apps.. and I'm sure on vzw, they may even share some, if not all of the same bloat..

I know I'll be getting the turbo on launch day.. First thing..

DOH.. I said this still thinking that moto was a Google owned company... Lol.. (also the Maxx doesn't even say "Motorola, a Google company" after this last uodate)

So the nexus will have way more Google goodies packed into it.

Last edited:

jfriend33

Reaction score
I think that the Droid with its bigger battery and smaller screen will be more practical for me.. Doesn't mean I don't want a nexus too... With it running lollipop out of the box, and being nexus... But I'm waiting to see exactly what that means on vzw's network.. They've been doing OK with the nexus 7 that they sell... So, here's to hoping..

But 3200mah vs 3900mah..And nearly(almost exaggerated) an inch if difference in the screen...

The nexus has a form of amoled screen I think... I'm hoping that the Droid will too.. I've gotten used to the over saturated colors I guess, and the G3's screen, though sharp and crisp, left me wanting more on the color side of things.. Yes it could be adjusted... But I still couldn't get it to where it suited me.

I'm relatively sure the Droid will have most of what the nexus has as far as apps.. and I'm sure on vzw, they may even share some, if not all of the same bloat..

I know I'll be getting the turbo on launch day.. First thing..

DOH.. I said this still thinking that moto was a Google owned company... Lol.. (also the Maxx doesn't even say "Motorola, a Google company" after this last uodate)

So the nexus will have way more Google goodies packed into it.
I'd say at launch yes the nexus will have more Google goodies. But the maxx and turbo will both get L. Which one first? Probably the droid maxx.

Just to clarify everything wasn't ok with with the nexus 7 2013. I was plagued with ghost touches and multi touch issues. Luckily because it was a popular device a fix was released (flash ts img).

I would assume for those with unlimited that the nexus is the safer bet for being unlocked and rooted. But surely the turbo will get sunshine root from the moto X 2nd Gen.

I just want to play around with the nexus 6. If it feels like a sweet spot for display size and I could ditch my Nexus 7 2013 then I may consider it over the the turbo.

The nexus 9 is a huge let down for me. The high price for only 16gb memory and 2gb ram seems ridiculous to me. I may very well just continue using my g3 until something better comes along. But as a current droid maxx owner (although it's stored in a drawer and my daily driver is a lg g3) the turbo is what I'm most interested in.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I should add.. I wasn't considering the Maxx.. By Droid I meant turbo.. Sorry.. Just clarifying.. But I think the Maxx and turbo will see a similar update table..

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Is the Nexus X coming out on Verizon?

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Wow, I didn't realize modding devices for lapdocks was thus popular. This may be something I look at in the future. Regarding the topic I'm all about that Nexus 6. I've been waiting on this one for awhile. That Droid Turbo is tempting, but I'm more excited about the potential developer support for the Nexus. Chainfire released a blog about the possibility that rooting may not be feasible in the near future without an unlocked bootloader if that sways any body's decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

TizzMahNizz

Reaction score
If the turbo came with a 64gig option I'd be all over it. But with no SD support (outside of OTG and I don't want to carry that stuff around) the nexus is definitely the phone I'll be getting.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
I have the HTC One Max my only complaint is battery life, has anyone ever gone from a Phablet back to a regular Smartphone without regret issues?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have the Turbo and Love it. I am averaging about 44hr of battery life with 35 on the low end when i am playing games. Best Droid Ive ever owned. Just need Root!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If the turbo came with a 64gig option I'd be all over it. But with no SD support (outside of OTG and I don't want to carry that stuff around) the nexus is definitely the phone I'll be getting.
So did you go Nexus or Ballistic Nylon 64GB?

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

jfriend33

Reaction score
I sure hope you're right.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

pfft. who knows. dan Rosenberg was right. Take your future phone manufacturers into consideration..Motorola is locked down like a mofo these days except for the nexus 6.....
I have been hanging on a thread since October...the unlock bootloader bounty is up to 5 grand though...im sure something has to happen...hopefully SOON!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Don't hold your breath. S5 users have been waiting since May. Manufacturers have finally figured out how to keep these things locked down if they really want to. IMO that's a good thing "security wise", though I can understand why some folks aren't happy with it.
Hopefully you'll at least get root.
The good thing is, there are so many other great phones out there that will give you complete root/bootloader access, we're no longer limited to a small handful of quality handsets the way we were back in the day.

S5 tap'n

jfriend33

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath. S5 users have been waiting since May. Manufacturers have finally figured out how to keep these things locked down if they really want to. IMO that's a good thing "security wise", though I can understand why some folks aren't happy with it.
Hopefully you'll at least get root.
The good thing is, there are so many other great phones out there that will give you complete root/bootloader access, we're no longer limited to a small handful of quality handsets the way we were back in the day.

S5 tap'n

You are absolutely right! I am pretty content with my lg g3 and lg g watch. If I can snag a good deal on a nexus 6 I will get that and a moto 360.

Reactions: cr6