Droid Turbo to get Marshmallow starting 12/14/15?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Don't kill the messenger, please. I was searching Google for something unrelated and saw a news type link. This may be "old news" and all over this site. If not, what do you think. If I am wrong, feel free to thrash me! Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update: Roll Out Happens For Moto Turbo (2014), Moto MAXX (2014), DROID Turbo, Nexus 6; Moto G (2013) Not Having It Due To Storage Issue? On Edit...I'm having trouble adding the link by phone. I'm not able to cut and paste it in??
There have been rumors of a soak test for the turbo 2..its a 2 part ota and supposedly marshmallow...again this was for the turbo 2...I have no clue about the TURBO.. But we'll all keep our eyes open...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't think anyone will bash you for posting an article you found. :D I think the person that wrote it might be a little premature to say that the "rollout started" for all those phones, that would be a lot at once for Moto. As 94lt1 mentioned, there are normally leaks when these rollouts start and there has not been much info about any Turbo updates lately. Anything is possible though. :)

1coopgt

Reaction score
Where in that article you linked did it say the Turbo was getting Marshmallow on the 14th ? Considering there hasn't been a soak test for it on the Turbo I kind of doubt it . I'm thinking May/June time frame for the 2014 turbo.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
My day stated at 6A.M., Monday...It's now 1:02 A.M., Tuesday...No update. When I get in the office, this morning...the 15th...I'll post the link. Sorry, looks like I jumped the gun. I'll get the link posted today...although it is still Monday to meo_O

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Many times they come right over the house outbound or inbound. Thanks for your service! :D

Here is the link:

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update: Roll Out Happens For Moto Turbo (2014), Moto MAXX (2014), DROID Turbo, Nexus 6; Moto G (2013) Not Having It Due To Storage Issues?

Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update: Roll Out Happens For Moto Turbo (2014), Moto MAXX (2014), DROID Turbo, Nexus 6; Moto G (2013) Not Having It Due To Storage Issues?

Read more: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update: Roll Out Happens For Moto Turbo (2014), Moto MAXX (2014), DROID Turbo, Nexus 6; Moto G (2013) Not Having It Due To Storage Issues?

Motorola has released a list of their devices to which Android 6.0 Marshmallow is to be updated, (Photo : Facebook)

Android 6.0 Marshmallow release for Motorola Moto G (2013) has reportedly been cancelled. This happened after Motorola revealed that its handsets are ready for the new software update.

After waiting for the Android 6.0 Marshmallow to arrive to the Moto G (2013), fans would have to bear the unfortunate news that Motorola has confirmed, Gospel Herald reported.

Like Us on Facebook
The smartphone will not be included in the final list of the devices that will receive the upgrade, which is most probably due to a storage issue. In every software update, whether for Android, Windows, or iOS, the storage capacity is important and must be considered to be able to qualify for the upgrade.

Motorola released the following list of devices that will be receiving the Marshmallow update, which includes:

• 2014 Moto X Pure Edition in the US (2nd gen)
  • 2015 Moto X Play
  • 2015 Moto X Style (3rd gen)
  • 2015 Moto X Pure Edition (3rd gen)
  • 2015 Moto G (3rd gen)
  • 2014 Moto G and Moto G with 4G LTE(2nd gen)
  • 2014 Moto X in Latin America, Europe and Asia(2nd gen)
  • 2014 Moto Turbo
  • 2014 Moto MAXX
  • DROID Turbo
  • Nexus 6
The Android 6.0 upgrade will get to all the devices that made it to the list, which will come with some of the skins and bloatware removed, Daily Sun Knoxville reported. The update will also come with Motorola's traditional features, including the notifications and standard voice controls that users can use to interact with their device even when it is asleep.

Android 6.0 Marshmallow update will also bring Now on Tap, Doze mode, direct share, as well as fingerprint support.

Read more: Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update: Roll Out Happens For Moto Turbo (2014), Moto MAXX (2014), DROID Turbo, Nexus 6; Moto G (2013) Not Having It Due To Storage Issues?

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, this same source posted a bogus article on the 2014 Droid Turbo some months ago when we were still waiting for Lollipop.

While I would like to see Marshmallow come soon for the Droid Turbo, the Employee Edition Droid Turbo 2 just began to receive Marshmallow, and invites for a soak test for the Droid Turbo 2 just started going out last week.

I think it's going to be a while before the Droid Turbo gets Marshmallow. The Quark CyanogenMod dev will probably get CM13 to the Quarks before Motorola even sends out soak test invites. Maybe even before the Droid Turbo 2 publicly gets Marshmallow since the Quark CM dev just started on CM13.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Feel free to use the De-Lete function and launch this into orbit around Pluto:(:confused:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, no harm done. Nothing wrong with a discussion about what might be happening.

Reactions: cr6

meskes

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's getting it that quickly, but I do know one thing: it doesn't matter to me, since I'm unlocked and running CyanogenMod.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk