DROID Turbo Successor?

quadtronix

Reaction score
I've been reading lately that alot of Moto devices have been leaked and even read some speculation about new Droids and maybe a Turbo Successor... Anyone looking forward to new Droids? If so what would it take to get you to upgrade and what features/specs are you looking forward to? Any predictions?

Sent from my DROID Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm very happy with my Turbo and the way it works on KK and now that 5.?.? is getting close I have not even gave getting another phone a thought. I would like to have the finger print ID on the next phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like my turbo .but I'm always looking for the latest greatest...but this has left a bad taste in my mouth..the flagship that was going to show verizons latest tech and abilities...instead was a 700$ shot in my foot that kinda ticks me off..

If i stay with the next droid, it will be a big battery variant and because of motos build quality.. Not because of the network...

VZW dropped the ball on the turbo and they messed up the timing on the N6 release too. Both could've sold way better IMHO

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Reaction score
Personally, I don't really have any need for a new phone as the Turbo addresses all my needs and performs exceptionally. I do wish it had gotten Lollipop like 6 months ago though. It's getting to be ridiculous at this point. But other than that I still love this phone.

That said, I might just get swept away in all the marketing hype that surrounds almost all new DROID releases and cave in and buy the next one but the specs will definitely have to impress! By that I mean something along the lines of:

-Android M
-Snapdragon 810 v.2 or even 820 which I recently read was coming soon...
-2k or Quad HD
-Maybe a little bigger like 5.5 or 5.7 but not that important.

That's my wish list anyway.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I still love my phone but this will be my last Moto.
I like the LG still supports SD and Removable battery.
I'm not a company fanboi in the least. I've never actually bought the same company back to back.
LG next, for sure.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Personally, I don't really have any need for a new phone as the Turbo addresses all my needs and performs exceptionally. I do wish it had gotten Lollipop like 6 months ago though. It's getting to be ridiculous at this point. But other than that I still love this phone.

That said, I might just get swept away in all the marketing hype that surrounds almost all new DROID releases and cave in and buy the next one but the specs will definitely have to impress! By that I mean something along the lines of:

-Android M
-Snapdragon 810 v.2 or even 820 which I recently read was coming soon...
-2k or Quad HD
-Maybe a little bigger like 5.5 or 5.7 but not that important.

That's my wish list anyway.

So, you basically want what this device might turn into before all the rumors are done and the device is announced...
Motorola Droid Kinzie XT1585 for Verizon Benchmarked Android Forum at DroidForums.net

OP
quadtronix

quadtronix

Reaction score

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Retraction: My last 2 have been Moto (RAZR HD > TURBO) so I have gone back to back.