Droid Turbo - Small Screen Crack

pctdavis

Reaction score
So it was bound to happen. Have my TURBO for a month. I only ever scratched the screen on one phone before. Helping my wife the other night and the phone fell out of my shorts pocket, right onto the tile floor. Ahhh! ! !

So I thought all was okay until I noticed a 1" crack on the bottom left of the screen. I can feel it with my fingernail. Any thing I can do to seal it or prevent it from getting worse? Totally bummed. I'm always very cautious with my phones. That's what I get for helping my wife!

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I believe that there is a one-time screen replacement warranty with the Turbo. You can check with Verizon.

OP
pctdavis

pctdavis

Reaction score
I believe that there is a one-time screen replacement warranty with the Turbo. You can check with Verizon.
I saw something on that. Do you have to pay a fee. I'll give them a call to see. Although, maybe I should ride with it just in case I get a new one and do the same thing! That would be bad.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No.. Its a "no questions asked" one time deal.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ditto. Still, I might hold of on that and live with the small crack if it's not in an obvious place. The one time replacement is just that...one time. Using your one time replacement for such a potentially minor crack may leave you totally hanging when and if you drop it again and the next time it's a total screen shatter.

I have an old iPod Shuffle (the small 1.5" square one), which has a tiny crack across one corner, just out of the screen view and doesn't affect operation. Rather than replace the screen, I've resigned to leaving it as a blemish like a ding on a car door from a parking lot. It's a small minor reminder of a stupid accident.

It kind of adds character... Lol.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine the other day "Whack!" it landed flat and hard face down on hard wood floors. I was surprisingly calm, picked it up and pocketed it w/o even looking (perhaps the meds have taken effect) jk not on meds (not that there's anything wrong with that) but...... awhile later I thought, "Hmmm I wonder".
Looked at it and got lucky. Went and put it back in its case (not tempting fate).
"IF" it had sustained a crack as described. I would simply hope it doesn't spread and kill the screen.
Might put a screen protector on it to add some support.

wardo

Reaction score
Throw a screen protector on it. Should help keep the crack from spreading

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There are a few new tempered glass protectors on amazon.. I'll be picking em up shortly.. The vzw version leaves a lot to be desired... To me