Solved Droid Turbo Music Playback Issues

Eli 09

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello everyone. I've had a Droid Turbo running Android 5.1 since February. This morning, I woke up to find that none of my audio services--Spotify, Podcast Addict, Google Play Music--are working. With all three apps, I press "play" on a song and it either plays the first half-second before pausing, or doesn't play anything at all.

I've tried clearing the cache, forcing a stop, and updating all three apps. I've restarted my phone three times today and still can't find a solution. Google search doesn't turn up any relevant issues happening for anyone else.

I realize I'm a first-time poster on April Fool's Day but I promise this is a sincere issue. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Any help would be much appreciated.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to droid forums...sorry we haven't gotten back to you sooner..

You've taken care of pretty much all of the basic steps that one would take to fix an issue like this ..short of deleting apps and re installing them or getting rid of the updates and seeing if that helps...are there any apps that you may have downloaded right before this issue occurred?? You might think about that and if so, I'd delete the app(s) and see if that helps any...

Of course the final option is an FDR.. Factory data reset..but on that phone you'll lose your music and everything else too......

Wait..on any of those apps..do they allow you chose what files or locations they get your music from?? Right after I did a security update on the turbo 1 I had to reselect my music folder..and my music started playing again...

Hope this helps...if not let us know..we'll try to further help...

Reactions: cr6