Droid turbo media some not working

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
I recently purchased a used Droid Turbo to replace my old one with a cracked screen. After getting the apps and everything set up the same as my old one, I noticed the sounds worked but were quiet. I assumed it was a phone problem and sent it back for another one. After getting this second one and getting to the same point, some sounds don't work at all. It plays the music when it boots up, and my ringtones, texts, e-mail work. However media sounds do not work at all (i.e. YouTube videos). I tried clearing the cache and rebooting, no luck. Does anyone know what I can check to see what's going on? I've checked all the obvious stuff.
This is a Droid Turbo XT1254 running Marshmallow 24.91.5. My old phone is identical and running the same settings and apps and works fine. Thanks for any help.

Justin

ON EDIT - I'm not sure why this forum won't let me edit my post title, but it should read "Droid Turbo Some Sounds Not Working."

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but have you tried doing a full factory Reset?

OP
P

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
I haven't yet only because since it's gone goofy with two different phones now I figured it was an app issue that would come right back. I don't mind trying it I was just hoping someone else had run across this and figured out what it was.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They must be getting down to the bottom of the barrel on the factory re-furbs.

OP
P

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
This one wasn't actually a factory refurb, just a used refurb I bought on e-bay.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I replaced my first one, low volume, pretty much across the board. Happened after the marshmallow update. After the dance with Verizon and Moto I just went out and bought an eBay special, dropped it unboxing it and cracked the screen. Bought another eBay special and it is working fine. Factory resets did nothing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
P

ParkerFly

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
Well it appears to be fixed. I plugged a headphone jack in and it played through the ear piece, then when I unplugged it, it started working on the phone like normal. So whatever the problem was appears to be gone. Thanks for the help.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's good news. Interesting but good news.