Droid Turbo, lock screen bug/glitch/frustrator

ligonw

Reaction score
Droid Turbo, 1.5 years old, Lollipop 5.1, no water damage

Sometimes the screen looks like this(Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet) when I unlock my phone. The screen shot is exactly what I see, the lock screen doesn't fit to the physical screen.

Only the lock button works and nothing reacts to screen presses. I can turn my phone off but that does not fix it. The only way I have consistently fixed the problem is by lightly smacking the screen with my palm.

One time as this was happening a small thing popped up and said open or close case (I don't remember which). I have never used a "smart case", just a poly shell kinda thing.

I've looked everywhere for solutions but I cannot find anyone with the same problem.

Anyone ever experience this or know what to do?

Thanks
Screenshot_2015-10-14-19-20-25.png

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Your turbo can't be 1.5 years old..the turbo was released October 30th of last year...

That said..I would have no clue where to go here..I'm fast to do this..cause I like to eliminate hardware issues or see if I need a replacement phone...so..factory data reset would be my next move..

Now...you could put the phone in safe mode and see if it still does this..but I'm not sure screen shots work while in safe mode???

Are there any apps that you're using that may be causing some form of interference?? ..I can't think of any settings..for aspect ratios that might cause this....

OP
L

ligonw

Reaction score
Your turbo can't be 1.5 years old..the turbo was released October 30th of last year...

That said..I would have no clue where to go here..I'm fast to do this..cause I like to eliminate hardware issues or see if I need a replacement phone...so..factory data reset would be my next move..

Now...you could put the phone in safe mode and see if it still does this..but I'm not sure screen shots work while in safe mode???

Are there any apps that you're using that may be causing some form of interference?? ..I can't think of any settings..for aspect ratios that might cause this....

I have not installed any odd apps. I feel like this might be some kind of hardware issue which has something to do with that "open/close case" dialog I saw one time while the issue was occurring. Do these phones have a " smart case" capability? Like the smart covers for iPads?

As far as doing a hard reset goes, what's a good way to back my phone up?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have not installed any odd apps. I feel like this might be some kind of hardware issue which has something to do with that "open/close case" dialog I saw one time while the issue was occurring. Do these phones have a " smart case" capability? Like the smart covers for iPads?

As far as doing a hard reset goes, what's a good way to back my phone up?

I use a cloud...or my pc. I also bought a flash drive from sandisk only to have it fail twice on me..so that's really personal preference... Sorry .

mjp02002

Reaction score
I have this exact problem. The lock screen appears very small surrounded by a black frame. I can turn on and off the phone, the touch screen is responsive but I cannot access the unlock numberpad screen. I tried safemode and a hard reset and neither fixed the issue. OP what did you do to fix this problem?

OP
L

ligonw

Reaction score
I have this exact problem. The lock screen appears very small surrounded by a black frame. I can turn on and off the phone, the touch screen is responsive but I cannot access the unlock numberpad screen. I tried safemode and a hard reset and neither fixed the issue. OP what did you do to fix this problem?

I haven't solved the problem but when it does occur I can press very hard on places on the lower 1/3 of the screen and it will get back to where it is supposed to be. Very annoying bug. No idea how to fix it short of a new phone.

mjp02002

Reaction score
Wow.... that works. Crazy, but thank you so much! I was really panicking.

OP
L

ligonw

Reaction score
Wow.... that works. Crazy, but thank you so much! I was really panicking.
If you figure anything else out, please post here. I'd like to resolve this if I can too.