Droid Turbo common issues?

rkirk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
razr maxx
I just purchased a Droid Turbo on Swappa and wondering what are some common issues I might be look forward to.
I am excited about 3gig of ram and the 21meg camera. Is this phone super fast or what and how's the camera?
I didn't research these questions before purchasing.
Are there any fixes for any issues that are out there? Seems every phone has some kind of issue or two.
Thanks for any help

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It may be that the lack of a response, rkirk, is because you purchased a phone that doesn't really have any issues. Could also be because it is late. But really, Motorola makes an excellent phone with a great reputation for quality phone/data reception, good build, great battery, very responsive, etc. The only thing that motorolas have not been the best in is camera, although probably only noticeable to few people. Myself, not being familiar with the turbo or their more recent phones, that may be old news. Enjoy your new phone. I have a feeling you will not be disappointed.

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk

OP
rkirk

rkirk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
razr maxx
Yea, it was my bedtime when I sent that last night.
I have been using a LG G2 for the last year. Sending this from the previous phone (droid rzr maxx) since I just cracked the screen on G2. I've been wanting try a droid again, so I convinced its a good time to do it now. I've replaced the screen on my G2 once already, I'll probably go ahead and do it again just for another back up.
I did like my RAZR maxx a lot.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, I liked my RAZR maxx a lot also. It was definitely a great phone. Went from that to a RAZR M, also a great phone. My son inherited both of those and they still work today. He now has a Moto x. He, along with many others, will only stick with Motorola. Oh, I was teasing about it being late. After I finished the first sentence, It dawned on me that it could be another reason.

OP
rkirk

rkirk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
razr maxx
I'm definitely ready to try out the turbo. I use my phone a lot for work, emails, text, lots of pictures. Having the speed will help to keep up a lot.
I did like the G2, but I've always kinda missed some features of the droid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You won't regret it. It's a pretty awesome phone.

One issue is possible fraying of the nylon back but really, that's about the only one I know.
Any other issues are really just things people don't like about Lollipop.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The turbo is lightning fast...do this...when you get the phone..make sure its on 5.1..if not..take all the updates and charge it as you do...then do a factory data reset (Moto recommended after a big os change) now after the factory reset...I'd let the phone finish charging...but you don't have to.

Now set up your device and enjoy..taking all the updates and doing a factory data reset, will insure you have a fast, snappy device...for other tips and tricks..check back after you've got it..

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have never seen Google suggesting this... Link?
I don't think it's only Google that recommends this but highly recommended across the board. I would also advise doing an fdr first thing for any refurbished, used or replacement phone just to make sure that it is entirely clear of any residuals left behind.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have no problems with my TB and I like the camera for what I use it for.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't think it's only Google that recommends this but highly recommended across the board.

I can't find anything to back this up. Not that I don't believe you but it seems odd to me Google would recommend this. It would make them look bad, don't you think?
"Yea, our updates can be buggy, so you should FDR when you get a new OS."
Apple certainly doesn't suggest that.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think Google's stance, or maybe it's phone manufacturers' stance, is it is helpful to do an fdr but not necessary when installing updates. But generally you are correct because they tend to maintain an fdr is not necessary. Yet they will maintain that if you have problems that can't be resolved using simpler methods, an fdr is recommended. There was one update/upgrade (can't remember which one, maybe honeycomb) where it was said to be necessary. That advise could have resulted after the fact due to many reported problems with the updates. Anyway, to be on the safe side, if I have a phone that is used, a replacement, or refurbished I do an fdr before installing all my junk on it. I hate being stuck having to do an fdr when I've just got my phone exactly how I want it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have never seen Google suggesting this... Link?
It's actually Motorola that recommended typo on my part..but it IS recommended

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I can't find anything to back this up. Not that I don't believe you but it seems odd to me Google would recommend this. It would make them look bad, don't you think?
"Yea, our updates can be buggy, so you should FDR when you get a new OS."
Apple certainly doesn't suggest that.
Why would it make anyone look bad?? Especially when this os made our apps stop running delvic and now run art...so there's a ton of little scraps of little tid bits of needless info clogging up your devices ability to run smoothly..

Not to mention...if you wanna base things off of...oh this makes it appear buggy or half baked...then that's your option...but if you want a clean install of ANY major os change, and you don't want to have to mess with it later...say..after you've set up your device..you do the fdr first..

I myself have had a few brand new devices that ran poorly out if the box..so I do an fdr on any device from the get go..but back to this topic..it is moto that said you SHOULD.. and this ventures way back to when moto was owned by Google...

Also..I have a ton of acquaintances that work in Houston at the apple store..bring in a device that's acting strange and what do you think they tell you to do??? They don't take their time with customers..they say...more or less to do the same thing..

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Why would it make anyone look bad??

I have 75 apps on my phone. Surely you know what a PITA it is to have to do an FDR? Even if Google successfully backups and reinstalls ALL my apps, I lose all the data. You tell my son he has to start his Lego game over. :D I have to re-login to almost half of them. Not to mention my password keeper. Gotta' back that up first.
Royal PITA.

FDR IMO is and always will be an absolute last resort. I have never FDR'ed after an OS update. To suggest that it should be done absolutely makes any carrier or manufacturer look bad. Microsoft wouldn't suggest such a thing, Apple surely wouldn't. Absolutely shows weakness in the market.
You mean Google can't simply do an in-place upgrade? Really? To me, that's exactly what it would be admitting. Not exactly making you look good.

Sure, when you get a new phone or refurb. But not an in-place upgrade.

Yes, I know there are instances where someone did it and they got less lag or better battery life, but there are just as many, if not more, that see NO change at all.

To you, or the enthusiasts on this board (and yea, me) an FDR really, in truth is NOT that big a deal. But to the other 80% of the Android population? The people that HAVEN'T installed DropBox or use G+ to backup photos? Nightmare for them to FDR.

Especially when this is made our apps stop running delvic and now run art...so there's a ton of little scraps of little tid bits of needless info clogging up your devices ability to run smoothly..

Now it sounds like you're talking about Windows. I refuse to treat my Android phone like a MS PC. :D :D