Droid Turbo 2 Marshmallow Update Should Rollout Any Time Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-gallery4.jpg

Barring any unusual circumstances, the Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 2 should start receiving the rollout of Android 6.0/ Marshmallow today. Verizon put their update page back online, and the soak test completed, so unless Big Red found any glaring flaws, it should start pushing out in waves at any point.

Interestingly, Verizon will be sending the update out in two phases. Apparently, there is a software prep phase, which will be followed by the final/actual software update. Sound off as soon as you see yours!

Don't forget to drop by our dedicated Droid Turbo 2 section for more discussions: Motorola DROID Turbo 2

Source: Verizon

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Either coming out in waves..or vzw has jumped the gun like in so many other soaks..said it's on it ls way and the soak isn't even over yet. .

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think someone at Verizon needs to be slapped silly. Last week they put up the Update Rolling Out page, then take it right down. Looks like they may have posted it too early again. At least they have not taken it down this time...that must be a good sign & hopefully we all have some sweet Marshmallow soon. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Usually I know what's up with the soak..but I'm clueless this time..didn't even get an invite to participate in the questionnaire to qualify..

JDH

Reaction score
My turbo I works fine on lollipop but it is annoying as all get out that this phone was the flagship 10/14, got the 5 update a year later 10/15, now turbo II getting M while we that paid $600+ for the turbo I get the shaft.
Just not right!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I agree the turbo got shafted on the updates...but it came to light that that was vzw...go figure..

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I agree the turbo got shafted on the updates...but it came to light that that was vzw...go figure..

You should be one of the peeps that was promised the Lollipop update for their Droid Maxx just to learn no go this week!!

Chris

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had the droid maxx..and I think that is bs..they're supposed to support each device for d amount of time..that's crap..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I had the droid maxx..and I think that is bs..they're supposed to support each device for d amount of time..that's crap..
Doesn't shock me really. It's why I left Moto

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I understand the frustration, I had a Droid Maxx also. But is it really Moto' s fault. I am willing to bet they had the update ready and Verizon said NO. I think it's Verizon's fault, not Moto. Verizon controls everything with any phone with Droid in the name.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Probably Verizon but moto should just release it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Probably Verizon but moto should just release it.

That's the one bummer about Droid phones. Moto can't do anything without Verizon's approval. Verizon controls the phones, Moto just makes them.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's the one bummer about Droid phones. Moto can't do anything without Verizon's approval. Verizon controls the phones, Moto just makes them.
Of course.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Google should've stepped up to them like Apple did..and said...No...we will keep control over the updates and matters pertaining to the device..vzw should've just been used for marketing..